Fei Ge
Fei Ge
United States
Local time: 04:49
Member (2012)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Nov 12, 2016

Hi long time Proz member here, first time forum poster, have worked as a translator, proofreader, and interpreter for the last 5 years. I have been feeling a slag in my motivation to do certain assignments, especially market research related ones where you end up translating the same 3 or 4 sentences for hours and hours on end for a variety number of products, including baby diapers and foot care products (not the most exciting things in the world). Then this week, I get a different kind of re... See more
Hi long time Proz member here, first time forum poster, have worked as a translator, proofreader, and interpreter for the last 5 years. I have been feeling a slag in my motivation to do certain assignments, especially market research related ones where you end up translating the same 3 or 4 sentences for hours and hours on end for a variety number of products, including baby diapers and foot care products (not the most exciting things in the world). Then this week, I get a different kind of request for market research, they sent me in the snail mail, 750 pages of market research responses. This time I can't just translate the Chinese respondent's text, I have to read handwriting and then translate it, cutting costs on transcribing the responses I think.

Anyway, has anyone found a certain frustration with market research surveys and is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

Worried in Massachusetts,

Mark Ge
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Market Research Surveys

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »