yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 10:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 24, 2016

Dear Chinese colleagues from Proz.com ,

I hope you are doing well.

I need to mail some contracts by mail to one of my clients located in Shanghai, China. I would like to request your kind and helpful cooperation. The address of the office in China need to be written in Chinese. I already translated the address but I'm not sure if is correct. The American Postal offices require the addresses to be translated into Chinese when you mail envelopes there. I live in The Unit
... See more
Dear Chinese colleagues from Proz.com ,

I hope you are doing well.

I need to mail some contracts by mail to one of my clients located in Shanghai, China. I would like to request your kind and helpful cooperation. The address of the office in China need to be written in Chinese. I already translated the address but I'm not sure if is correct. The American Postal offices require the addresses to be translated into Chinese when you mail envelopes there. I live in The United States. I can provide you with the translation in Chinese for you to take a look.

Can you please help me with this?

I will really appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Yugoslavia

[Edited at 2016-11-26 07:20 GMT]
Collapse

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:58
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
No need for translation into Chinese address Dec 8, 2016

Hello,

I am a little surprised you were asked to write your address in Chinese for your mail to China. US Postal Service does not seem to have this requirement in their rule books. I've checked their website. All you need to do is write the company address as provided by your Chinese company in English.

Bear in mind that your destination, Shanghai, is a big city with many foreign corparations based there. Postmen are relatively more well trained in English than those
... See more
Hello,

I am a little surprised you were asked to write your address in Chinese for your mail to China. US Postal Service does not seem to have this requirement in their rule books. I've checked their website. All you need to do is write the company address as provided by your Chinese company in English.

Bear in mind that your destination, Shanghai, is a big city with many foreign corparations based there. Postmen are relatively more well trained in English than those in small county towns in remote central China.

Moreover, it will be impractical if the foreign corporations' clients in the USA or Europe are required to write postal addresses in Chinese, a language which could be as alien for them as for you.

Good luck!
Collapse

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 10:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mr. Lin. Dec 9, 2016

Hi Mr. Lin,
I hope you are doing well in The United Kingdom. Thanks for responding to my Proz.com forum post. The US postal office asked me to translate the office address because the envelope could get lost if I leave the address in the English language.

The same thing I needed to do when I sent two envelopes to Russia a long time ago. I have a neighbor who is Chinese but she was not available these days. That’s why she couldn't help me to correct the translation of the ad
... See more
Hi Mr. Lin,
I hope you are doing well in The United Kingdom. Thanks for responding to my Proz.com forum post. The US postal office asked me to translate the office address because the envelope could get lost if I leave the address in the English language.

The same thing I needed to do when I sent two envelopes to Russia a long time ago. I have a neighbor who is Chinese but she was not available these days. That’s why she couldn't help me to correct the translation of the address.

She translated other three addresses for other clients that I have in China in 2011, 2012 and 2000 when I was offered to be interpreter there during some international games. My client is a Chinese translation company. They are not a foreign company.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Yugoslavia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese Company address.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »