New Microsoft Translator API with Client ID and Client Secret
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:11
Dec 22, 2015

I'm trying to help someone who wants to get a reg key for Bing Translator, following the instructions here:

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2012/05/01/new-microsoft-translator-api-with-client-id-and-client-secret/

He's stuck at t
... See more
I'm trying to help someone who wants to get a reg key for Bing Translator, following the instructions here:

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2012/05/01/new-microsoft-translator-api-with-client-id-and-client-secret/

He's stuck at the point where he has to 'enter a redirect URL'. What could this mean?

Are the instructions still valid?

Dominique, if you are reading this. It took some time until I found the article on your great CATguru site. Would it be possible that you add a search field for the article titles?
Collapse

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 12:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
redirect url not important Dec 22, 2015

the last I checked, the OAuth flow that MS is using for the Translator API doesn't make use of this value, although for some reason it is a required field on the form. You can just put any valid website in there. In fact, depending on how they've programmed the auth API you might be able to enter any validly-formed url, even if it isn't a real website, but I've never tried that.

Textovik LLC

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »