United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
French to English
+ ...
Me too! Aug 12, 2013

Just recieved this dodgy message from them:

"Dear Translator,

I hope you are doing well.

I am project manager form Languagemet Company, I have the pleasure to talk to you, the matter is we are a translation company, and I suggest cooperation in translation work as a mediator. I saw your CV, and it is professional and awesome.
We will send your email to the clients and to the company's database, that mean we are marketing and give you the project, work
... See more
Just recieved this dodgy message from them:

"Dear Translator,

I hope you are doing well.

I am project manager form Languagemet Company, I have the pleasure to talk to you, the matter is we are a translation company, and I suggest cooperation in translation work as a mediator. I saw your CV, and it is professional and awesome.
We will send your email to the clients and to the company's database, that mean we are marketing and give you the project, work as a mediator, and you have the first opportunity to take the project.
I received many projects, and I don't have the perfect translator that I trust, can you?
If you interested in, and good with this send me an email and give me a sign that you are OK or interested in to complete the procedures.

I really hope to deal with each other and be sure you are the most beneficial.
Kind regards,
Murad,"

They also attached a word doc asking for permission to send my CV to their clients, deleting my email address and adding theirs!

Let's hope no translators fall for their scam!
Collapse

Yelena Pestereva
Yelena Pestereva  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
Yesterday my CV was... Aug 16, 2013

also sent to different translation agencies without my permission. I herewith expressly forbid Mr Mustafa Attar and his colleagues to use it in the future and warn all my clients of their unlawful behaviour.

Antonietta Di Gianni
Antonietta Di Gianni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:03
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
BE CAREFUL to LANGUAGEMET never reply to them Sep 13, 2013

BE CAREFUL TO LANGUAGEMET

THEY CONTACTED ME MANY TIMES!!!!!

Please attention!!!!!

Ana Lucia Amaral
Ana Lucia Amaral
United States
Local time: 08:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I just got an e-mail from them! Sep 27, 2013

It is the third time this month they send me the same e-mail.

-----Original Message-----
Received: from [10.235.200.97]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 3:32 PM
Subject: Contact request translator

Hi

Nice to meet you .

I am a project manager in language met company for translation,
... See more
It is the third time this month they send me the same e-mail.

-----Original Message-----
Received: from [10.235.200.97]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 3:32 PM
Subject: Contact request translator

Hi

Nice to meet you .

I am a project manager in language met company for translation,

We have clients so we need translators in all fields legal , financial , economic , technical , educational ... etc.

We provided a lot of services such as Translation, Proofreading,Transcription,DTB , Subtitling ...etc.
Our rates are good and negotiable

if you interested , please send me more details now about your language pair, tools , min rate in USD ,country to know the time zone and your native language in order to add you in my database for future projects.

Looking to hearing from you as soon as possible.

For further information please visit our website : www.languagemet.com

Please, feel free to contact me via my email

Best regards & waiting,

Dalal
Name=Dala Nada
Company=Languagemet Company
[email protected]

_---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collapse

Elizabeta Kirev
Elizabeta Kirev
Serbia
Serbian to English
+ ...
Recent contact Nov 10, 2013

I noticed that they are changing the number in their e-mail address. Now it's [email protected]

I got this:

Hello

I hope this email finds you well,

I'm a project manager at language met Translation Company. I have the pleasure to be one of my translators' team. We work with many prominent companies and our work is expanding rapidly so if you are interested please send your confir
... See more
I noticed that they are changing the number in their e-mail address. Now it's [email protected]

I got this:

Hello

I hope this email finds you well,

I'm a project manager at language met Translation Company. I have the pleasure to be one of my translators' team. We work with many prominent companies and our work is expanding rapidly so if you are interested please send your confirmation.

Kind regards ,

Yasser Adnan
Collapse

Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
What about [email protected] Nov 14, 2013

Language Met has contacted me before but I never answer this kind of request.
However, today they attached a pdf with and OCR:

Dear,
I hope this email finds you well.
Do you translate out of German into English? I have 7911 German words of what appears to be a court document.
Deadline: three days.
Rate per word: 0.03 USD.
Please, find the file attached and I have included an OCR for your purposes.
Please, don't start before my confirmation.<
... See more
Language Met has contacted me before but I never answer this kind of request.
However, today they attached a pdf with and OCR:

Dear,
Do you translate out of German into English? I have 7911 German words of what appears to be a court document.
Deadline: three days.
Rate per word: 0.03 USD.
Please, find the file attached and I have included an OCR for your purposes.
Please, don't start before my confirmation.
Waiting your reply,
Dalal

(all in red font).

"of what appears a court document": well it is a life insurance proposal of Zurich Life Insurance in Vienna, with the name and the address of the client! Has this Austrian person given them the document to be translated for peanuts? Zurich Insurance certainly has no need to outsource the translation ionto English of individual proposals

And I got another mail today from (astutely named) [email protected].

Hi,
I have a small job for you, if you would be willing to take it.

GERMAN ENGLISH

In attachment you have the original (German) and the translation delivered in English. The customer is a colleague with whom I have been working for over 15 years on a daily basis. He had given this to one of his English native speakers, but his end client had reservations, and I think they were justified (some of them at least) .
If you scroll down, you will see some of the remarks the client made Would you be prepared to take on this proofreading job?

Please advise your rate?
Thanks
Sean

Now, the translation is almost perfect (no client remarks seen on the document), so why not quickly accept and be done with it?

But wait a minute: the document clearly identifies www.nielsen.com/de as the owner of the text.
Would Nielsen Germany ask a translator with no website and with this unprofessional mail address to outsource the job?

Again, this is someone maybe language met? - fishing for mail addresses and CVs.

Be very suspicious when you get such mails.
Collapse

Natalia Zubkova
Natalia Zubkova
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:03
English to Russian
+ ...
I received this today Dec 1, 2013

from Eman Yosef [email protected]

Hello,
I'm a project manager in Language Met Co.
We are looking for an English into Russian translators.
There are some projects needed to be translated from E > R.
If you are ready to collaborate with us, please send us your CV and Cover letter, and it will be very kindly if u send a sample too.
Please note us if you use Cat Tools and specify which one
... See more
from Eman Yosef [email protected]

Hello,
I'm a project manager in Language Met Co.
We are looking for an English into Russian translators.
There are some projects needed to be translated from E > R.
If you are ready to collaborate with us, please send us your CV and Cover letter, and it will be very kindly if u send a sample too.
Please note us if you use Cat Tools and specify which one you use.
Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Eman
Collapse

José Sousa
José Sousa
Portugal
Local time: 11:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same here :( Dec 4, 2013

De: Eman Yosef [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 4 de Dezembro de 2013 07:37
Para: undisclosed-recipients:
Assunto: If you need

Dear Sir/Madam

Nice to meet you! I found your profile on translation directory.

I'm a Project Manager for a new translation agency .

We are searching for new freelancers at our company,

Please send me your CV could you please send me your rate(s) pe
... See more
De: Eman Yosef [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 4 de Dezembro de 2013 07:37
Para: undisclosed-recipients:
Assunto: If you need

Dear Sir/Madam

Nice to meet you! I found your profile on translation directory.

I'm a Project Manager for a new translation agency .

We are searching for new freelancers at our company,

Please send me your CV could you please send me your rate(s) per combinations(s)...?

should you would like to build a long- term collaboration with us
Waiting for positive replay.

Warm Regards,
Eman

--
Eman Yosef
Collapse

Indah Lestari
Indah Lestari  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 16:03
Member (2013)
Indonesian to English
+ ...
to Indonesian translator too Dec 7, 2013

This is sent from [email protected] yesterday.

============
Hello,

I am a project manager in a Language Met Co.

We are looking for an English into Indonesian translators.

There are some projects needed to be translated from En > In

If you are ready to collaborate with us, please send us your CV and Cover letter, and it will be very kindly if you send a sample too.

Please note us if you use C
... See more
This is sent from [email protected] yesterday.

============
Hello,

I am a project manager in a Language Met Co.

We are looking for an English into Indonesian translators.

There are some projects needed to be translated from En > In

If you are ready to collaborate with us, please send us your CV and Cover letter, and it will be very kindly if you send a sample too.

Please note us if you use Cat Tools and specify which one you use.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Heba
Collapse

Sandrine Zérouali
Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
[email protected] Dec 7, 2013

I received this one yesterday and I nearly think it was real until I copy and paste her email in Internet:

Hello,

One of our client had a text translated by a sworn translation here in Luxembourg (see the attached text containing the French and the Russian- it is 850 words in French).

This translator was not Russian but French talking and my client (who seems very strict – she is a lawyer) said that this initial translation was not correct and asked us to
... See more
I received this one yesterday and I nearly think it was real until I copy and paste her email in Internet:

Hello,

One of our client had a text translated by a sworn translation here in Luxembourg (see the attached text containing the French and the Russian- it is 850 words in French).

This translator was not Russian but French talking and my client (who seems very strict – she is a lawyer) said that this initial translation was not correct and asked us to proofread it in order to get a perfect contract). She showed some examples in the pdf document.

(do not take into account the remark for the extract RU->FR as she shall do it herself)

My main question: would you be able to proofread it in the Word document attached in order to take into account her suggestions but also to make it more professional based on the French one ? Or do you feel it is not possible. (do you agree that it is not a good translation ?)
Collapse

umininn
umininn
Local time: 20:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
To Chinese translators too Dec 25, 2013

I received email from Danya Salama [email protected]. The company seem to exist. But after I submitted the file, they said I was late according to their local time, so they won't pay. However, they said at the beginning that the deadline is based on my local time. They just play all kind of disgusting tricks.

umininn
umininn
Local time: 20:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
report to your government Dec 25, 2013

I have reported to the US Internet Crime Complaint Center. If everybody do the same to your local internet crime organization, LanguageMet many be shut down eventually, so that no more victims.

Misae Lucasey
Misae Lucasey
United States
Local time: 05:03
Member (2012)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Languagemet Jan 28, 2014

I just received this email today. 229 words document in Word was attached as a short test.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: I am an EnglishJapanese translator

Hi,

We have an urgent project , so could you please make a short translation test from English into Japanese.

Please f
... See more
I just received this email today. 229 words document in Word was attached as a short test.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: I am an EnglishJapanese translator

Hi,

We have an urgent project , so could you please make a short translation test from English into Japanese.

Please find it attached.

Please le t me know more about it asap as we have urgent request.

Looking for your quick reply.

Thank you

Kindest regards
Collapse

Markus Hoedl
Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
English to German
+ ...
Remarkable Translations Jan 29, 2014

I get also scammed by "[email protected]" many times! Today they sent me the following:

Dear Sean,

Thank you for your application for freelance translator position, we might require your skills for translation from English into German (Germany).

We have new project and currently negotiating prices and other terms with our client. Its translation of computer online games from English into German. Size is 150,000 words, where 26% repetitions. S
... See more
I get also scammed by "[email protected]" many times! Today they sent me the following:

Dear Sean,

Thank you for your application for freelance translator position, we might require your skills for translation from English into German (Germany).

We have new project and currently negotiating prices and other terms with our client. Its translation of computer online games from English into German. Size is 150,000 words, where 26% repetitions. So we require separated rates for repetition and new words including proofreading and localization. Please specify what software you may use for localization of such project? Note project will be sent in excel files at one time and translation can be submitted in the same format.

Please confirm your availability and clarify questions along with your Best large volume rates and time frame of delivery.
All rates should be in USDollars.

Thank you,

Waiting for your reply at at the earliest,

Kind regards,
Ahmed Mahmoud

To begin with, my name is not Sean...

But I will never answer to this mail - actually, it was already marked as spam, I don't know how it managed to enter my mailbox again...

Take care,
Markus
Collapse

HerrTranslat (X)
HerrTranslat (X)
Sweden
English to Swedish
Never trust an outsourcer with bad grammar Jan 30, 2014

I just got an e-mail from [email protected], inquiring if I was available for a rather large project. The first thing I did (since the e-mail was poorly written) was doing a Google search on the company name, and look where I ended up.

Words of advice: never trust an outsourcer with bad grammar.

[Edited at 2014-01-30 18:17 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Languagemet

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »