Batuhan Yazar
Batuhan Yazar  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:52
English
+ ...
May 24, 2017

Hi everyone,

I am undertaking a subtitling project for a company. They have their website and I have some previous transcriptions for them. This is subtitling in English. No other languages involved.

What I want to do is I want to use a CAT tool or some addons with Word or even a stand-alone professional (paid or not, does not matter) software so that I can get suggestions on the words I wrote that are probably wrong but close to some product names or technical terms
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am undertaking a subtitling project for a company. They have their website and I have some previous transcriptions for them. This is subtitling in English. No other languages involved.

What I want to do is I want to use a CAT tool or some addons with Word or even a stand-alone professional (paid or not, does not matter) software so that I can get suggestions on the words I wrote that are probably wrong but close to some product names or technical terms they use. These product names and technical names can be loaded from my previous works or (even better) from that company's website.

Is there anything that can help me? Do you have any suggestions?

Can I utilise SDL Trados 2017 in anyway for this?

Thanks in advance for your time and information

-- Edit: Just to clarify my concern is regarding the transcription actually rather than subtitling itself as I need to provide a transcription as well.

[Edited at 2017-05-24 21:59 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using a termbase or Concordance for Subtitling and Transcription

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »