DPSI - Diploma In Public Service Interpreting
Thread poster: Victor S
Victor S
Victor S
Local time: 10:57
Aug 19, 2009

Hi everyone

planning on passing the DPSI exam and looking for courses available in London. Found quite a few of them, big difference in enrolment fees... Really difficult to choose one. Feedback from anyone who's taken the course would help enormously.

I need to find something really soon, so please reply ASAP

Thank you in advance

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Welcome Aug 19, 2009

Hi Victor

Welcome to the site and this forum.
If you need help finding your way around, do let me know.
Sorry I can't help with your question myself; I hope others will shortly.
Best wishes

Russell Jones

Victor S
Victor S
TOPIC STARTER
thnx Aug 19, 2009

Russell Jones wrote:

Hi Victor

Welcome to the site and this forum.
If you need help finding your way around, do let me know.
Sorry I can't help with your question myself; I hope others will shortly.
Best wishes

Russell Jones

Hi Russell. Thank you!

[Edited at 2009-08-19 18:54 GMT]

DPSI courses in London Aug 20, 2009

Hi Victor.
If you do a search on the interpreting forum I think you will find a lot of useful information about the DPSI and preparation courses.
I did the course at the College of North West London, it was very expensive but very good. I’ve heard Middlesex University is also good. London Metropolitan University also run short courses and I’ve heard they are very good. I wouldn’t recommend Hammersmith and Fulham but I rather not go into details here.
Make sure you read t
... See more
Hi Victor.
If you do a search on the interpreting forum I think you will find a lot of useful information about the DPSI and preparation courses.
I did the course at the College of North West London, it was very expensive but very good. I’ve heard Middlesex University is also good. London Metropolitan University also run short courses and I’ve heard they are very good. I wouldn’t recommend Hammersmith and Fulham but I rather not go into details here.
Make sure you read the DPSI Handbook.
http://www.iol.org.uk/qualifications/exams_dpsi.asp

Good luck!
Collapse

Victor S
Victor S
TOPIC STARTER
hi Aug 20, 2009

Trans_Interp wrote:

Hi Victor.

Good luck!

Hi! Thank you very much. What was the price for the course at CNWL?

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Help yourself Aug 21, 2009

Victor S wrote:
What was the price for the course at CNWL?

What IS the price of the course?
www.cnwl.ac.uk/onlineapps/fact_view.aspx?qual_id...

Victor S
Victor S
TOPIC STARTER
thnx Aug 22, 2009

juvera wrote:

Victor S wrote:
What was the price for the course at CNWL?

What IS the price of the course?
www.cnwl.ac.uk/onlineapps/fact_view.aspx?qual_id...

thank you )

ElenaPiu
ElenaPiu  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
Hammersmith and Fulham Sep 22, 2010

Trans_Interp wrote:

Hi Victor.

Good luck!

Hi there!

I know this post is quite old but I am thinking of going to Hammersmith and Fulham colledge on a DPSI course very soon..

Please can you tell why you would not recommend it?

Many thanks,
Elena

Rafael Asher
Rafael Asher
United Kingdom
DIPSI Courses in London Jun 24, 2014

I'd like to resurrect this topic if it possible. Does anyone out there have views on which would be the most appropriate centre at which to study for legal interpreting in London? I note there were previous reservations about one particular institution.

MagdalenaMaja
MagdalenaMaja
United Kingdom
Polish to English
+ ...
DPSI course in London Sep 2, 2015

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am also looking for a good DPSI course provider in London.
Currently, I consider two options: South Thames College or Hammersmith an Fulham.

Could anyone share their experience, please?

Regards,
MM

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

DPSI - Diploma In Public Service Interpreting

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »