Acquiring writing skills in a specialized area
Thread poster: Mario Chavez (X)
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:30
French to English
driving Jul 24, 2017

I learned to drive with a driving instructor.

I passed my test first time after about 20 hours of lessons.

I didn't feel in the least bit confident about driving, but everybody told me the real learning started after the test. By that, they meant that I needed more experience, those 10,000 hours.

Some people will learn to drive well during those 10,000 hours, so that passengers never feel frightened or get jolted. Others will still be braking at the last
... See more
I learned to drive with a driving instructor.

I passed my test first time after about 20 hours of lessons.

I didn't feel in the least bit confident about driving, but everybody told me the real learning started after the test. By that, they meant that I needed more experience, those 10,000 hours.

Some people will learn to drive well during those 10,000 hours, so that passengers never feel frightened or get jolted. Others will still be braking at the last minute and cursing at the person in front who stops at the amber light because their aim is not to ensure their passengers' comfort but to get there faster than anyone else. So it's all a matter of individual style.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Acquiring writing skills in a specialized area

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »