Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 07:56
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 18, 2017

Hi,

I don't use WordFast that often, I guess, so maybe I have forgotten how to use it, but I can't seem to get it to recognize any tmx today. I lost one job because of it, and now I am in danger of going over the deadline on another job.
I have a MacBook Pro (El Capitan), and my WF Pro version is 4.10.4.

I was sent a tmx for the first job, which I tried to import, but it was greyed out on the list.

The second job is related to a previous job, so I ex
... See more
Hi,

I don't use WordFast that often, I guess, so maybe I have forgotten how to use it, but I can't seem to get it to recognize any tmx today. I lost one job because of it, and now I am in danger of going over the deadline on another job.
I have a MacBook Pro (El Capitan), and my WF Pro version is 4.10.4.

I was sent a tmx for the first job, which I tried to import, but it was greyed out on the list.

The second job is related to a previous job, so I exported the TM from that and placed it on my desktop and called it Untitled.tmx. But when I try to import it, it is greyed out too. I am sure this has not been a problem before. Can anyone help, please? What am I missing?
Collapse

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:56
English to Czech
Project TM / Import TM Apr 18, 2017

Hi Elisabeth,

What exactly did you do in WFP4 to import a TMX file? And what icon or option was greyed out?

With a project open in WFP4, go to Project TM tab and click Import TM icon. The file type option should be set to TMX. Click Browse and navigate to the TM file. - Is this what you did?

Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 07:56
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I figured out my mistake Apr 18, 2017

I tried that first, but the TM I wanted wasn't on the list, so I exported it from the previous job to my desktop, and when I browsed the desktop, it was greyed out.
Of course, the problem was that I had the languages set wrong. I haven't tried the first job again yet, but I bet that was the problem with that one too.

Like I said, I don't use WordFast that often ...

Thank you for your response!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast Pro 4 won't recognize tmx today

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »