Thread poster: northernice
northernice
northernice
Germany
Local time: 22:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 9, 2018

Hi, I was just asked to set an offer price for a German-to-English copywriting job. Can anyone give me a feeling for how much you would charge for this? If you charge an hourly rate, roughly how many words would you reasonably expect to translate per hour? Thank you for your advice!!! Cheers, Laura

Luke Hubbard (X)
Luke Hubbard (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:34
German to English
charging depends on what you have to do Nov 15, 2018

Hi,

Copywriting usually involves creating copy from scratch. Everything really depends on the brief and what you have to do. I would recommend trying to work out how long the project will take - take into account, any research, drafts, any meetings/chats with the customer or people who can advise and completing the project. Then times this by your hourly rate. Translating words per hour can vary, depending on how experienced you are - some people will be able to push out a few hundr
... See more
Hi,

Copywriting usually involves creating copy from scratch. Everything really depends on the brief and what you have to do. I would recommend trying to work out how long the project will take - take into account, any research, drafts, any meetings/chats with the customer or people who can advise and completing the project. Then times this by your hourly rate. Translating words per hour can vary, depending on how experienced you are - some people will be able to push out a few hundred in an hour. You could try and tally everything up and charge by the project as well.

This website may be able to help you

https://www.procopywriters.co.uk

Good luck
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

German-English copywriting translation rates

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »