Italy
Local time: 18:10
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 22, 2017

memoQ 2015 and memoQ 8.2

Goodmorning.

I receive a General error which prevents me from opening any file on memoQ, either the active one I was working on or older files.

I opened a ticket with memoQ support yesterday and they told me to copy/paste the error message and send a log file (memoQLite.log), which I did but I didn't receive any more contact from them and I am still stuck with the issue, with my work lagging a lot.

I also downloaded th
... See more
memoQ 2015 and memoQ 8.2

Goodmorning.

I receive a General error which prevents me from opening any file on memoQ, either the active one I was working on or older files.

I opened a ticket with memoQ support yesterday and they told me to copy/paste the error message and send a log file (memoQLite.log), which I did but I didn't receive any more contact from them and I am still stuck with the issue, with my work lagging a lot.

I also downloaded the latest version 8.2 to see if I could overcome the problem but I am in the same situation no matter what.

I copy/paste here the error message I get as I have sent it to memoQ support. I don't know why I am not getting any answer from them. Maybe you can help me understand how to fix this one and resume my work.

Here follows my error message:

TYPE:
System.Exception

Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null

SOURCE:
MemoQ.ApplicationFramework

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.WindowManager.CloseTab(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.WindowManager.OnCloseDocument(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.closeProjectRelatedDocsAndProject()
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.CloseOpenedProjectServerProjectDashboard()
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.openProjectWithResult(String projectFileName)
at MemoQ.Project.DashboardControl.Open(ProjectItemViewModel project, List`1 selectDocumentIds)
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectList.ProjectListView.onItemMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.Control.HandleDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I also found this example in the Knowledge base. I tried with it but the problem still persists. Please see below:

Fix: In order to find the preferences-layout.xml, you must navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourprofilename\Application Data\MemoQ for Windows XP users,

or:

C:\Users\yourprofilename\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ for Vista and Windows 7 users.

Once you have found the files, delete them.

Thank you for any suggestion on you side.

Regards

Valeria

Best regards
Valeria Ricciardi
Collapse

Islam Mohamed
Islam Mohamed
Egypt
Local time: 19:10
Arabic to English
+ ...
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution to it? Oct 17, 2018

Excuse-me, but I encountered the same problem. Did you find a solution to it?
Shall you help me, please?

Sergey Naraevsky
Sergey Naraevsky
Ukraine
Local time: 19:10
Russian to English
+ ...
I've just had the same issue (and solved it, sort of) :) Mar 13, 2021

The same thing - "General Error" and unable to open a project when you on a tight deadline. No time to dive into the software guts, either.

The workaround, sort of - is to create a new project and during the "New project" Wizard - important! - link the new project to the same TM and TB you used in theprevious project, is the one you cannot open.

I was able to open the file and then used the old TMto fill in the translated segments. Worked for me, basically. Good luck, e
... See more
The same thing - "General Error" and unable to open a project when you on a tight deadline. No time to dive into the software guts, either.

The workaround, sort of - is to create a new project and during the "New project" Wizard - important! - link the new project to the same TM and TB you used in theprevious project, is the one you cannot open.

I was able to open the file and then used the old TMto fill in the translated segments. Worked for me, basically. Good luck, everyone )
Collapse

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:10
English to Spanish
I have same problem as reported on the first post of this thread. Aug 8, 2022

Sergey Naraevsky wrote:

The workaround, sort of - is to create a new project and during the "New project" Wizard - important! - link the new project to the same TM and TB you used in the previous project, is the one you cannot open.

I was able to open the file and then used the old TMto fill in the translated segments. Worked for me, basically. Good luck, everyone )

I cannot even create a New Project as suggested above. I get "general error"

TYPE: System.Exception
MESSAGE: Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null
SOURCE: MemoQ.Controls

[Edited at 2022-08-08 06:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

General error. Failing to open active file or any file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »