Thread poster: Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:31
English to German
Mar 3, 2021

Hi everyone!

Over the last few days, maybe a week at most, the Cut and Paste function (Ctrl+x) in memoQ sometimes doesn't work in a very annoying way: The selected text is removed but not copied to the clipboard, so I can't paste it afterwards.

I have been working extensively with memoQ for many years now, but this behavior is completely new to me.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Cheers,
Nico

Grigori Gazarian
Philippe Etienne
petruso

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Possible security software interference Mar 3, 2021

It could be that security software interferes. I believe it happened with Webroot SecureAnywhere. There was a setting in it that I needed to change.

Nico Wagner
Portugal
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
No security software installed Mar 3, 2021

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't have any security software running except for the native Windows Defender.

Best,
Nico

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Known issue Mar 3, 2021

https://m.facebook.com/notifications.php?soft=bookmarks#!/groups/MemoQusers/permalink/2420221618101871/?anchor_composer=false

Nico Wagner
Portugal
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Not accessible without Facebook account Mar 4, 2021

Hi Hans,

That link is not accessible without a Facebook account. It would be helpful if you could copy the most relevant info into this thread.

Thank you,
Nico

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
FB Mar 5, 2021

Sure

F0CA9254-D1FA-4DE4-9BF7-2F50977D175D

Nico Wagner
Portugal
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Clipboard history Mar 5, 2021

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the screenshot. That may indeed be the problem, since I recently activated the clipboard history in my Windows 10-installation, and the problem started occurring right around that time. I'll deactivate it and see what happens, although it is frustrating to see that this is another long standing issue that memoQ has ignored for quite some time now...

Thanks again for your help!

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Yeah Mar 28, 2021

There's some definite iffiness. Also, undo doesn't necessarily work.

Stick to Ctrl-C Ctrl-V. And maybe keep an open notepad window to check with if you're moving large chunks that you definitely don't want to lose.

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:31
English to Italian
Cut and Paste sometimes not working in memoQ Jan 5, 2022

Hi there

it's not exactly the same situation, but maybe it can be useful to debug (I hope)

Since years I use WinAutomation 6 to query Archivarius that contains 1 gazillion of reference data, and I had CTRL+C not working or working badly for years

I tried different keyboards with no success
I got mad googling for and trying fixes until today when "I Have Seen the Light!" (cit. Blues Brothers)

I dropped a 10 ms delay in my first WinAutomati
... See more
Hi there

it's not exactly the same situation, but maybe it can be useful to debug (I hope)

Since years I use WinAutomation 6 to query Archivarius that contains 1 gazillion of reference data, and I had CTRL+C not working or working badly for years

I tried different keyboards with no success
I got mad googling for and trying fixes until today when "I Have Seen the Light!" (cit. Blues Brothers)

I dropped a 10 ms delay in my first WinAutomation 1st step (while I had 10 ms already in the last step) and now CTRL+C works like a charm

Immagine 2022-01-05 164604

So maybe that "timing" is the culprit in your case, and a way to delay the copy action can be find

I hope it helps

[Edited at 2022-01-05 15:54 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cut and Paste sometimes not working in memoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »