Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Studio 2014 won't find matches in TM, why?
Thread poster: Joanna Ryzenweber
XtS
XtS
Germany
Local time: 13:09
English to German
+ ...
possible Solution, Trados Studio 2017 SR1, no matches found Aug 3, 2017

lucia001 wrote:

Upgrade the Transaltin Memories and after that it will find your matches in TM.

in Translation Memories view -> Tools -> Upgrade Tranlation Memories.

Please remember to backup your TM first, in my case the new upgraded TM didn't have the segmentation rules from the previous one, so I had to copy them from the old one.

This did the trick for me (or so it seems).
I first tried to change the match value to 50%, which did work at first, but only for a while. I then changed it to 30% and again it seemed to behave better and presented me possible matches. After some days, though, Trados returned to it's "usual" behavior of not finding matches - even when there were 99% matches to find. :/

I then proceeded to try the upgrade method, set the language resources to the TM I wanted to upgrade, upgraded the TM (which took a while) and then changed my Project settings accordingly to include the new TM.

So far it's working (finding matches).

I am using Trados Studio 2017 SR1. Sad to see that SDL apparently didn't fix this erratic behavior from Trados 2014 through to 2017.

XtS
XtS
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Trados Studio 2017 SR1 no matched - fix not working Aug 16, 2017

After some more testing, unfortunately this method didn't prove successful either.
The previously described behavior returned and Trados Studio 2017 SR1 again doesn't show (i.e. 97%) matches.
This is really annoying, SDL - Please fix this!

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks

Alex Lilo
Alex Lilo
Local time: 14:09
English to Russian
+ ...
No translation results to display Jan 8, 2018

XtS wrote:

After some more testing, unfortunately this method didn't prove successful either.
The previously described behavior returned and Trados Studio 2017 SR1 again doesn't show (i.e. 97%) matches.
This is really annoying, SDL - Please fix this!

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks

It doesn't show 99% matches. It doesn't look like a CAT tool any more.

Andrei Vybornov
Andrei Vybornov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Try this setting Jan 8, 2018

File>Options>Editor>Automation>Enable LookAhead (untick)

Adam Lankamer

Jose Fernandez
Jose Fernandez
Local time: 05:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
In case it can be of use to somebody Mar 31, 2018

I had exactly the same problem. Trados wouldn't find 100% matches but I knew they were there and they showed up when I searched in Concordance.

Apparently, in my case, Trados made a mess of Project TMs and Main TMs, so a solution was to go to Project Settings, Language Pairs, All Language Pairs, Translation Memory and Automated Translation, Search, and then enable "Search both project and main translation memories".

Hope it helps.

Sarah Symons Glegorio, CT
Sarah Symons Glegorio, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
try "any TM" Nov 10, 2018

I just had this same problem with Studio 2017. Tried the other suggestions but finally solved it by re-attaching my TM as “any TM” instead of as a “file based TM” so essentially I’ve got the same TM added to the project twice. At least it works now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nicholas Knutsen

Nicholas Knutsen
Nicholas Knutsen
Norway
Thanks, "AnyTM" worked Nov 15, 2018

Sarah Symons Glegorio, CT wrote:

I just had this same problem with Studio 2017. Tried the other suggestions but finally solved it by re-attaching my TM as “any TM” instead of as a “file based TM” so essentially I’ve got the same TM added to the project twice. At least it works now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks! I had this problem with Studio 2019, and nothing worked. I actually removed the TM and re-attached it as "AnyTM (Any file-based TM)", and suddenly it works as it's supposed to!

Ludina Sallam
Ludina Sallam  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2017)
Arabic to English
I seem to have found a solution to this. Apr 12, 2020

I am a very new user to Trados and have Trados Starter Version. I was having the same problem and I tried doing the update for Trados that I saw on the side of the page, and deactivating my license and reactivating it, and still got the same message:

"No translation memory or no match found" or something like that.

Was feeling really disgusted!!!!!!

This happened even though I cleared all documents and translation memories and started fresh with one languag
... See more
I am a very new user to Trados and have Trados Starter Version. I was having the same problem and I tried doing the update for Trados that I saw on the side of the page, and deactivating my license and reactivating it, and still got the same message:

"No translation memory or no match found" or something like that.

Was feeling really disgusted!!!!!!

This happened even though I cleared all documents and translation memories and started fresh with one language pair and one document and one translation memory, numerous times. Finally I found that, after starting completely fresh, it only works if I click the "update" box which one sees when creating a translation memory (as well as all the other boxes such as enable, lookup, concordance, and the box by the name). Then it worked. It seemed to be the box saying "update" that was the important one that made the difference as to whether the TM was on and working, or not.

If I have done this, and start again it does not seem to be so necessary to do this again, because it seemed to work without doing this once I had done it for that document once.

Bear in mind that I am a real novice, but at least this seemed to work.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 won't find matches in TM, why?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »