Nicole Maina
Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:25
German to Italian
+ ...
Jan 19, 2018

Hello,

I am working under Win10 with Studio 2017 SR1 and have translated an idml-file received from my customer with InDesign CS5. I use CS6.

I have tried to export the finished translation (no tags errors whatsoever) to the target idml, but I get 2 errors:

Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Writer.CFileWriter

and another one about generating the target file, which I do not understand.

Is anyone else getting the same mi
... See more
Hello,

I am working under Win10 with Studio 2017 SR1 and have translated an idml-file received from my customer with InDesign CS5. I use CS6.

I have tried to export the finished translation (no tags errors whatsoever) to the target idml, but I get 2 errors:

Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Writer.CFileWriter

and another one about generating the target file, which I do not understand.

Is anyone else getting the same mistake?

I have been trying many, many different solutions for 3 days now, including using the original indd-file in InDesign and trying to save it again to idml, trying to split it in many blocks (it's 124 pages long, total 290 MB), trying to save it from different InDesign versions (CS6), but nothing helped. I am really desperate now. The customer tried to help, but nothing changed.

I hope someone can help.

Thank you
Nicole
Collapse

Nicole Maina
Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:25
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error message Jan 19, 2018

err while saving target to idml

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 and errors while trying to save target idml file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »