Spamalot
Austria
Local time: 10:13
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 5, 2021

Hello,
I am having a real problem that is bothering me very much with the dates to be autoplaced in Trados.
There are various date formats in the source (German) for the target (English). The one that is causing trouble (meaning it is not recognized by Trados and I need to type it all the time) is 01. August 2021. It is not placing this. It can place 1 August 2021 and the short dates but simply nothing with a leading zero. :/
I went into language resources for the TM and added
... See more
Hello,
I am having a real problem that is bothering me very much with the dates to be autoplaced in Trados.
There are various date formats in the source (German) for the target (English). The one that is causing trouble (meaning it is not recognized by Trados and I need to type it all the time) is 01. August 2021. It is not placing this. It can place 1 August 2021 and the short dates but simply nothing with a leading zero. :/
I went into language resources for the TM and added this date format even as 01 August 2021 in English, which I personally do not use but it is still not recognizing it. The date format with the leading zero is in the DE format already, so I do not understand what the problem is.
Does anyone know? Many thanks!
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 10:13
German to English
+ ...
Incorrect date placement Jan 6, 2021

Trados has problems with some date formats. My solution is to write a regex to make the correct conversions or correct the "automated" conversions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with dates and autoplace in Trados 2021

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »