话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
My eyes are killing me (tired eyes) what can I do?
论题张贴者: Arturo Villasenor Garcia
Diego Gomez Grün
Diego Gomez Grün  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:01
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Screen brightness Apr 18, 2013

You have received excellent advice from colleagues. I would add two things:
Keeping the screen brightness to a minimum helps reduce eye strain.
And F.lux, a software that adjusts the computer display's color temperature according to the location and time of day. It changes the colors, but it works wonders.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
加拿大
Local time: 18:01
Dutch荷兰语译成English英语
+ ...
Artificial Tears Apr 18, 2013

There are lots of good suggestions above. Getting your eyes checked is step #1 in my opinion. If you are working 8 hours a day, you really should not be working on a laptop, that's not what they are meant for. Get yourself a PC (they are not that expensive these days) and keep the laptop for working away from home. Finally, try using artificial tears 2-3 times a day, I wouldn't want to live without them.

Arturo Villasenor Garcia
Arturo Villasenor Garcia  Identity Verified
墨西哥
Local time: 18:01
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
主题发起人
I got it fixed May 15, 2013

Thank you very much for all of your answers, many of these measures required to do a lot of changes in my working habits and equipment.

I don't want to sound like I'm selling something, but I got the problem 100% solved buy buying a pair of gunnar optiks glasses. I think somebody recommended them on this post and then I researched on some computer geek's blog and ordered a pair and I just want to say they completely fixed the problem, Without visiting the ophthalmologist, nor changi
... See more
Thank you very much for all of your answers, many of these measures required to do a lot of changes in my working habits and equipment.

I don't want to sound like I'm selling something, but I got the problem 100% solved buy buying a pair of gunnar optiks glasses. I think somebody recommended them on this post and then I researched on some computer geek's blog and ordered a pair and I just want to say they completely fixed the problem, Without visiting the ophthalmologist, nor changing anything else.. No more sore eyes, itchy, or blurry vision. These glasses are supposed to fix brightness, contrast and other problems associated with working on computer screens.

After working 8 hours daily, I feel absolutely no tired vision or anything on my eyes now. So I can 100% recommend them over buying a new screen or playing with the contrast/brightness, sitting position etc. Hands down.

Thanks.
Collapse

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
波兰
Local time: 02:01
English英语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
Glasses etc. May 31, 2013

Actually, computer-optimised add-ons for normal optical glasses have been around for a while. I'd expect an optician to ask, since most people gape at a screen for a living these days.

Also, experimenting with light temperature and contrast can help, apart from brightness. Matte or glossy monitor surface may be better for you subjectively.

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My eyes are killing me (tired eyes) what can I do?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »