please give a site for advanced Japanese grammar forms
Thread poster: salman
salman
salman
Local time: 19:12
English to Japanese
Feb 8, 2003

hello everybody,

I have just seen some postings such as それにもかかわらず、それなのに、それはさておきetc, and others such as おかげ、だらけ,etc to name only a few.

I request the site members and other experts to provide me a site that contains detailed explanation of these forms. This is solely for Level-2 and Level-1 proficiency test preparation.

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:42
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Is your question clearly formulated? Feb 10, 2003

Otherwise I cannot understand how you are translating from Japanese into English without knowing these very basic terms? Perhaps you wanted to ask a slightly different question?

Kind regards

Mario Cerutti

Ruchira Shukla
Ruchira Shukla
India
English to Japanese
+ ...
May be he is a student ! Feb 10, 2003

Hi

From what I can gather from his profile, I think Salman is just a student .. he lives in India and as far as I know there are not many grammar books available there … Infact there are hardly any books available related to learning Japanese language. Unless you get them from Japan.

Perhaps That’s why he wants to know a few good Grammar sites!

Frankly I dont know any .. so if any one knows of any good sites please share them !

I... See more
Hi

From what I can gather from his profile, I think Salman is just a student .. he lives in India and as far as I know there are not many grammar books available there … Infact there are hardly any books available related to learning Japanese language. Unless you get them from Japan.

Frankly I dont know any .. so if any one knows of any good sites please share them !

IQuote:

On 2003-02-10 11:24, aliseo wrote:

Otherwise I cannot understand how you are translating from Japanese into English without knowing these very basic terms? Perhaps you wanted to ask a slightly different question?

Kind regards

Mario Cerutti

Collapse

salman
salman
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
some sites of japanese grammar Feb 10, 2003

mario san, what u presume about me is wrong. that¥'s because, my question is not related to translations because I can translated fairly well, but as I had mentioned, I need this for level-2 and level-1 preparation. Hope I am clear.

agree with ruchira¥'s opinion.... See more

mario san, what u presume about me is wrong. that¥'s because, my question is not related to translations because I can translated fairly well, but as I had mentioned, I need this for level-2 and level-1 preparation. Hope I am clear.

agree with ruchira¥'s opinion.

Collapse

HIROSE (X)
HIROSE (X)  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
+ ...
Search with Japanese grammer Feb 10, 2003

My suggestion for Salman is to do an internet search with the key words of \"Japanese grammer\" rahter than \"translation\". I know there are many good sites. I just do not have time to do the search for you.

Good luck.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-10 17:44]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

please give a site for advanced Japanese grammar forms

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »