How to ungrade a wrongly selected answer
ناشر الموضوع: CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
Apr 5, 2004

I inadvertently selected another answer to my question http://www.proz.com/kudoz/679532. The points need to go to NatalieD whom I fortunately mentioned in my TKY Note.

The Ungrade feature seems no longer available.

Thanks for helping me reassign the points.

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:20
ألماني إلى كرواتي
+ ...
The principle is... Apr 5, 2004

...that both the asker and the answerer whose answer got selected (by mistake) should contact the moderator of the language pair in question. In other words, both parties must agree to this.

HTH

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
أسبانيا
Local time: 20:20
إسباني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
You can try to get the agreement of the other party Apr 5, 2004

Perhaps you could write them and explain, and forward the results to the language pair moderator.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
شيلي
Local time: 14:20
عضو (2002)
إسباني إلى فرنسي
+ ...
Which "ungrade" feature? Apr 5, 2004

CHENOUMI wrote:
The Ungrade feature seems no longer available.

You had an "ungrade" feature? This sounds strange as it should be available only for moderators.

Thanks for clarifying, maybe there was a glitch.

CHENOUMI (X)
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Awaiting action. Apr 5, 2004

Vesna Zivcic wrote:

...that both the asker and the answerer whose answer got selected (by mistake) should contact the moderator of the language pair in question. In other words, both parties must agree to this.

HTH

Thank you Vesna and Parrot. I already contacted one moderator and the intended recipient of the points.

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

You had an "ungrade" feature? This sounds strange as it should be available only for moderators.

Maybe I became a moderator in the heat of the night. I meant the Grade/Decline button was no longer available when I tried to rectify my error. Which would have allowed me to ungrade/regrade the answer.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
البرازيل
Local time: 15:20
عضو (2001)
أنجليزي إلى إيطالي
+ ...
Clarification Apr 5, 2004

CHENOUMI wrote:
Maybe I became a moderator in the heat of the night. I meant the Grade/Decline button was no longer available when I tried to rectify my error. Which would have allowed me to ungrade/regrade the answer.

Dear Sandra,

when grading an answer you can see the Grade/Decline button, but once you have graded the question the KudoZ cycle is closed.

"Ungrading" is another function that you have probably never seen, and it is not available to the users of the KudoZ area.

This command is restricted to the site staff and moderators, but it will be used by us only when both, the asker and the answerer wrongly awarded, have agreed to reverse the grading.

If you have contacted the winner and he/she agrees with the change, the moderator that you have contacted will be able to ungrade and then you can grade again.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
كندا
عضو (2002)
فرنسي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...

مشرف
Clarification Apr 5, 2004

CHENOUMI wrote:

Automatically, when you grade, the grade button disappears- because the transaction is finished. Only a moderator may ungrade.
As for heat of the night - it\'s a winter wonderland here today. It\'s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 8)

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
شيلي
عضو (2002)
إسباني إلى فرنسي
+ ...
I see Apr 5, 2004

CHENOUMI wrote:
I meant the Grade/Decline button was no longer available when I tried to rectify my error. Which would have allowed me to ungrade/regrade the answer.

It's clear, now, thanks for the details.

Claudia

CHENOUMI (X)
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Unexplainable error... Apr 5, 2004

First off, I wasn't home, I wasn't using my own computer. I accessed the grading page through one of my "KudoZ : Answer Proposed" ProZ mails which had Madang's answer selected. I made sure that I was in Natalie's box.
So I can't even explain how Aqanai got "selected" except if the cursor was playing tricks on me.

**I'm usually overly, extremely careful both in giving and selecting an answer.

Good thing that in my feedback,

Feedback
Asker:
Selon les règles de la démocratie KudoZienne, je ne peux récompenser que la citoyenne NatalieD, mais j'ai bien apprécié votre bel effort de participation démocratique.

MERCI À vous TOUS et à tous les concitoyens qui ont accordé leur vote à ND ! :')

I made it abundantly clear whom I was choosing...

[Edited at 2004-04-09 01:28]

CHENOUMI (X)
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Holy cow! ;-) Apr 5, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

Dear Sandra,

when grading an answer you can see the Grade/Decline button, but once you have graded the question the KudoZ cycle is closed.

That is understandable and quite logical.

"Ungrading" is another function that you have probably never seen, and it is not available to the users of the KudoZ area.

This command is restricted to the site staff and moderators, but it will be used by us only when
uote]

Stepping on privileged ground...

That was certainly not my intent. As I explained to Claudia, in my reasoning, 'ungrade' was different from the Moderators' jargon. I thought that I could regrade the answer by going back again and again in search for the Grade/Decline tab. It didn't work.

Regards.

CHENOUMI (X)
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Snowed-in lady... Apr 5, 2004

NancyLynn wrote:

Automatically, when you grade, the grade button disappears- because the transaction is finished. Only a moderator may ungrade.
As for heat of the night - it's a winter wonderland here today. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 8)

So I heard.

Keep warm, Nancy!

Chaleureuses salutations californiennes.:):)

NatalieD
NatalieD
فرنسي
+ ...
Thank you Chenoumi! Apr 8, 2004

Once again, I appreciate all your efforts to correct an honest mistake. When I saw that you had picked someone else's answer, I thought nothing of it. If it had not been from your e-mail, I would not even have noticed your mistake. I have seen far worst, believe me.

PS The snow is already melted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to ungrade a wrongly selected answer

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »