Autor wątku: Sol
Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 00:29
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Apr 29, 2004

I've been noticing that I need to change the encoding from Western European to Unicode and viceversa when reading KudoZ pages to see them correctly (Spanish questions and answers). I thought maybe with the new format the character set was changed, but today I noticed that a question was in Unicode, while the answers (at least some of them) were in Western European encoding. It's really not a big deal, just being picky, and very curious about how this can happen.
Sol

Svetlana Potton
Svetlana Potton  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 21:29
rosyjski > angielski
+ ...
I thought I am the only one having this problems :-) May 2, 2004

I am Russian/English translator, and I am having the same problems. Obviously, as a translator I have all necessary software to be able to perform translations in English and in Russian. I am able to receive and send e-mails in Russian as well. However, I am not able to read Russian text in Kudoz. I am not sure why. My both computers are fairly new (2002 and 2004).

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 00:29
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
quick fix May 2, 2004

Svetlana, as a quick fix, if you are using Windows, press the "other" button of your mouse and find Encoding in the list. It should have a long list of character sets there, just choose the one that lets you see the correct characters. It will only work until you load another page, but at least you'll be able to read that one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Displayed character set./encoding

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »