Must I award points to the translation I enter into the glossary?
Tópico cartaz: Maria Rosich Andreu
Maria Rosich Andreu
Maria Rosich Andreu  Identity Verified
Espanha
Local time: 00:59
Membro (2003)
holandês para espanhol
+ ...
Jan 21, 2003

Two days ago I posted a question (http://www.proz.com/kudoz/346806) and chose an answer \"as the most helpful\"; but when the moment came to put in on the glossary I though it would be better to use an answer that was a bit more neutral, even if it was not the one that was best for my text.

So then I wondered: should I have awarded the ponts to that other answer (the one that ended
... See more
Two days ago I posted a question (http://www.proz.com/kudoz/346806) and chose an answer \"as the most helpful\"; but when the moment came to put in on the glossary I though it would be better to use an answer that was a bit more neutral, even if it was not the one that was best for my text.

So then I wondered: should I have awarded the ponts to that other answer (the one that ended up in the glossary)?
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Local time: 00:59
inglês para alemão
+ ...
No headaches Jan 21, 2003

Hi Maria,

I\'d say don\'t lose sleep over that - assigning KudoZ points is one thing, but sometimes a slightly different version may be more appropriate for the glossary. In fact, why not point it out in your grading remarks?

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 17:59
italiano para inglês
+ ...
I'd say pointing it out is key... Jan 21, 2003

I\'d definitely point it out... I\'ve (recently) seen a couple of instances where points were awarded to someone, and the glossary term entered by the asker was vastly different without any comment as to why, leaving everyone who offered an answer puzzled and a bit miffed.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-01-21 18:33, Lemster wrote:

In fact, why not point it out in your grading remarks?... See more
I\'d definitely point it out... I\'ve (recently) seen a couple of instances where points were awarded to someone, and the glossary term entered by the asker was vastly different without any comment as to why, leaving everyone who offered an answer puzzled and a bit miffed.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-01-21 18:33, Lemster wrote:

In fact, why not point it out in your grading remarks?

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Must I award points to the translation I enter into the glossary?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »