I disagreed => person hid answer => person posted new answer (my term!) => person disagreed with me!
Inițiatorul discuției: Ruchira Shukla
Ruchira Shukla
Ruchira Shukla
India
Local time: 04:35
din engleză în japoneză
+ ...
Jan 22, 2003

I am a comparatively new member on Proz. I have got really helpful replies for whatever questions I have posted. However, I posted a reply today for a Japanese term and unfortunately disagreed with someone else\'s answer because I thought it was wrong. That person not only hid his answer to which I had disagreed but composed a new answer similar to mine. Then he went and disagreed with my original answer!

Let ProZ.com be a place where we all can share our views and knowled
... See more
I am a comparatively new member on Proz. I have got really helpful replies for whatever questions I have posted. However, I posted a reply today for a Japanese term and unfortunately disagreed with someone else\'s answer because I thought it was wrong. That person not only hid his answer to which I had disagreed but composed a new answer similar to mine. Then he went and disagreed with my original answer!

Let ProZ.com be a place where we all can share our views and knowledge and lets be decent and fair and honest! I have absolutely no problems in people disagreeing with me as long as they can give me good reason to and not copy my answer to compose theirs!
Collapse

TService (X)
TService (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:05
din engleză în germană
That's nothing special... ;) Jan 22, 2003

If you\'re knew you\'ll quickly get used to the habits of KudoZ point hunters.

You\'ll find flaming eMails because you dared to disagree to a suggestion.

And you\'ll discover that some people categorically disagree to other\'s suggestion if they placed an own one.

That\'s just he way it is.

But there\'s nothing to lose; that KudoZ points will not fill your purse.... See more
If you\'re knew you\'ll quickly get used to the habits of KudoZ point hunters.

You\'ll find flaming eMails because you dared to disagree to a suggestion.

And you\'ll discover that some people categorically disagree to other\'s suggestion if they placed an own one.

That\'s just he way it is.

But there\'s nothing to lose; that KudoZ points will not fill your purse.

Just try to have some serious fun and watch adults throwing balls of dirt at each other.

Enjoy the show.
Collapse

Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ucraina
Local time: 02:05
din engleză în ucraineană
+ ...
Such things happen. Jan 22, 2003

Of course, ProZ.com staff can not control every question or posting at this site, but I think this case surely deserves the attention of the Moderator.

You may find the Moderator for your pair by clicking on the link at the bottom of any KudoZ question.

Make sure you provide the link to that question and state the problem clearly.

I am not sure what exactly action can be taken by the Moderator in this case, but if dishonest attitude is obvio
... See more
Of course, ProZ.com staff can not control every question or posting at this site, but I think this case surely deserves the attention of the Moderator.

You may find the Moderator for your pair by clicking on the link at the bottom of any KudoZ question.

Make sure you provide the link to that question and state the problem clearly.

I am not sure what exactly action can be taken by the Moderator in this case, but if dishonest attitude is obvious and if that was not the first case for this person, probable he/she may be penalized in some way.

Cheers,

Oleg
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 16:05
Membru (2001)
din germană în italiană
+ ...
Unhide Jan 22, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-22 12:54, Olegas wrote:

I am not sure what exactly action can be taken by the Moderator in this case...

As a site mod, I would \"unhide\" the hidden question , as a first step!

Giuliana
[addsig]

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 01:05
din engleză în germană
Be sure to contact a moderator Jan 22, 2003

Any moderator who understands Japanese can sort this out for you (you can find a link to the moderators\' list on the bottom of the Kudoz page).

Proz certainly does not tolerate this kind of behaviour, which is very rare in my experience anyway.

Best regards

Endre

EB Communications

Ruchira Shukla
Ruchira Shukla
India
Local time: 04:35
din engleză în japoneză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
written to moderator Jan 23, 2003

Thanks guys .. I have already written to the moderator..as Giuliana points out unhiding the original answer from that guy will be a good thing to do. Let�fs see what happens now. I hope some action is taken to curb these dishonest people.. or I guess I will just have to get used to these mud slinging point hunters !

Quote:

On 2003-01-22 16:07, dinnye wrote:

Any moderator who understands Japanese can sort this out for yo... See more
Thanks guys .. I have already written to the moderator..as Giuliana points out unhiding the original answer from that guy will be a good thing to do. Let�fs see what happens now. I hope some action is taken to curb these dishonest people.. or I guess I will just have to get used to these mud slinging point hunters !

Quote:

On 2003-01-22 16:07, dinnye wrote:

Any moderator who understands Japanese can sort this out for you (you can find a link to the moderators\' list on the bottom of the Kudoz page).

Proz certainly does not tolerate this kind of behaviour, which is very rare in my experience anyway.

Best regards

Endre

EB Communications

Collapse

sandhya_k
sandhya_k
Local time: 18:05
din engleză în japoneză
+ ...
That's just the way some people are!!! Jan 23, 2003

Hi Ruchira. What happened to you is unmistakably wrong and unethical. But its also true that such things happen, so its nice that you brought this point to light, so more and more of us try and learn not to do what was done to you....

Anyhow, let\'s try and stick to eithics at least in the feild of knowledge. The more we share the samrter we will get ourselves. So cheer up!!!

[addsig]

sandhya_k
sandhya_k
din engleză în japoneză
+ ...
Some people are just like that!!! Jan 23, 2003

Ruchira. I am sorry for what happened with you. But its also true that there are plenty of such people.

Lets share our knowledge in an ethical manner, so in the end each one of us benifits from it.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-24 05:09]

sandhya_k
sandhya_k
din engleză în japoneză
+ ...
Some people are just like that!!! Jan 23, 2003

Ruchira. I am sorry for what happened with you. But its also true that there are plenty of such people.

Lets share our knowledge in an ethical manner, so in the end each one of us benifits from it.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-24 05:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I disagreed => person hid answer => person posted new answer (my term!) => person disagreed with me!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »