Karolina Blachucka
Karolina Blachucka  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:44
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
May 18, 2011

Hello everybody,

as I always try to make a good use of my spare time and recently (unfortunately:( ) there are not too many jobs coming up, I try to improve my translations skills because I believe that there is always a lot of new things that we can learn by ourselves or from others:) I struggle to improve my legal translation skills and for that reason I would like to find somebody, who sometimes in his/her few free moments and obviously if he/she finds it interesting to do, wants
... See more
Hello everybody,

as I always try to make a good use of my spare time and recently (unfortunately:( ) there are not too many jobs coming up, I try to improve my translations skills because I believe that there is always a lot of new things that we can learn by ourselves or from others:) I struggle to improve my legal translation skills and for that reason I would like to find somebody, who sometimes in his/her few free moments and obviously if he/she finds it interesting to do, wants to help me correcting or adivising me if I have any doubts. I underline here that there is no interest in any abuse on my part or doing my job by anybody. Simply I would like to learn new things and when I do some translation for me I´m not sure if it´s perfect... I´m sure that there are many people who have a really long experience and could sometimes help me with me doubts. In most cases, I try to find answers to my problems in books or on the web but I would appreciate somebody who could help me on style or choice of the best equivalents. I do in my free moments some chosen at random translations of agreements and so on as in the future I would like to become a sworn translator so I would really appreciate sometimes some support from somebody who has really broad experience especially in the legal field:) I look mainly for Polish and Spanish translators who can have a look from time to time on my translations and give me their opinion...What do you think about it? I imagine that it´s not easy and everybody is really busy and has better things to do...but as in proz.com was mentioned that it´s possible to find a mentor so I try..:) or maybe there is a better option but it hasn´t come up to my mind...Let me know:)

Cheers,

Karolina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Polish and Spanish mentors

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »