Firefox needs to re-send information
Thread poster: tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 04:58
German
+ ...
Mar 3, 2009

I cannot use the "back" button in Firefox 3.0.6 any more to return to previously viewed pages here on ProZ.com without confirming that I want to re-send information. I think it worked fine yesterday.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

The problem is that I'm losing any info I entered on the previous page, e.g. half-finished forum postings. Being able to resume what I wrote earlier is very important to me, so I'd appreciate it very much if you could restore that functio
... See more
I cannot use the "back" button in Firefox 3.0.6 any more to return to previously viewed pages here on ProZ.com without confirming that I want to re-send information. I think it worked fine yesterday.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

The problem is that I'm losing any info I entered on the previous page, e.g. half-finished forum postings. Being able to resume what I wrote earlier is very important to me, so I'd appreciate it very much if you could restore that functionality.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Benjamin Pischner
Collapse

Faruk Atabeyli
Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:58
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ditto Mar 3, 2009

I meant to write about this myself.

It only happens occasionally, and I dont exactly know what triggers it.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request Mar 3, 2009

Hello Benjamin & Faruk,

Could you please submit a support request including the URLs of the source and target pages in which the 're-send information' message is shown?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lucia

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 20:58
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same problem Mar 3, 2009

I'm having the same problem. There is no end to recording the URLs - it happens with every move back from both Kudoz questions and Forums.

Alexandra Goldburt
Alexandra Goldburt
Local time: 19:58
English to Russian
+ ...
Me, too! Mar 3, 2009

Add me to the list of those who have this problem.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply/comment button Mar 3, 2009

I think the ProZ.com devs may have changed the behavior of the Reply/comment button. Or maybe the way that Firefox processes the resulting HTTP requests has changed. Whenever I use that button and then go back and forth between pages, the message appears. It does not seem to happen when I use the link associated to the "Quote" image in a user's posting.

Is it the same for you others?

Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:58
English to Slovak
+ ...
Same here for a long time Mar 3, 2009

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:58
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Intermittent problem Mar 3, 2009

Always the worst to track down and eliminate. I'm sure it isn't happening 100% of the time in any place - just often

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why are you moving back and forth? Mar 3, 2009

Indeed previously it was possible to come back to half ready posting.
Now this seems to be lost. But OTOH I left this way of reading what I'm reffering too and use the tabs instead - simply opening as many of them as necessary.
I'm quite certain you've already noticed, that when answering the whole thread is visible down the screen?

Best
Jerzy

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:58
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
With Chrome its a feature Mar 3, 2009

I use Chrome and it always asks if I want to reload the page after posting or after searching and when I go back. I'm already used to it, but in some cases I switch to IE. Its the only hassle with Chrome I'm aware of.
Regards
Heinrich

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A workaround is not a fix Mar 4, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Indeed previously it was possible to come back to half ready posting.
Now this seems to be lost. But OTOH I left this way of reading what I'm reffering too and use the tabs instead - simply opening as many of them as necessary.

When I've got many tabs open already (as I frequently do) I'd rather not open any new ones - it gets really cumbersome to manage them all. Also, the feature was perfect, so why change it?

I'm quite certain you've already noticed, that when answering the whole thread is visible down the screen?

No, Jerzy, only the last ten posts are visible.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sure Mar 4, 2009

This were simple questions. I was nearly sure I could save me the asking in your case, but sometimes who knows? Even the most experienced user sometimes do not notice something easy...

lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to English
still no solution Mar 4, 2009

More than a day since this was first reported , it still hasn't been solved.

Proz.com is the only site that behaves like this in Firefox in my experience. I just don't get this postdata problem with any other site whatsoever.

If Jerzy is suggesting that it is for users to solve, I beg to disagree with him. In my view, it is for the site staff to solve.

Added to the fact that McAfee lists Proz.com as a potential source of adware, this iirritation is just ano
... See more
More than a day since this was first reported , it still hasn't been solved.

Proz.com is the only site that behaves like this in Firefox in my experience. I just don't get this postdata problem with any other site whatsoever.

If Jerzy is suggesting that it is for users to solve, I beg to disagree with him. In my view, it is for the site staff to solve.

Added to the fact that McAfee lists Proz.com as a potential source of adware, this iirritation is just another reason not to visit it.
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 20:58
Dutch to English
+ ...
Problem continues... Mar 5, 2009

Three days later and the problem continues....

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Don't know whether this is related... Mar 5, 2009

But if you want to see one of the questions you have answered (in your answered question page - probably it's the same for the asked questions), you need to open a new window(or a new tab) for every question you want to open, by RIGHTklicking. When leftklicking, nothing happens. And anyway, this is very annyoing as afterwards, you have to close all the open windows or tabs again, while before, you simply went back to the previous page.

[Bearbeitet am 2009-03-06 13:20 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Firefox needs to re-send information

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »