Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Not bad! Apr 25, 2003

A bit lighter and faster, still everything is at hand. It all looks easy and obvious, i.e. an amazingly good job.

Swhitched once and never felt the need to go back (using pretty much everything on a medium-slow connection).

Thank you,

Luca

[ This Message was edited by: ITS on 2003-04-25 14:26]

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:05
Italian to English
+ ...
call me old-fashioned, but... Apr 25, 2003

What happened to the forums? The rest of the site is fine, but the forum list is manic - at least on my computer. It was much easier on the eyes before. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Amy

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
oops Apr 25, 2003

Thankfully \"List Forums\" (rather than Community>Forums) brought the old style list up. Is there any chance of having the \"Community\" menu link to the forum list rather than recent forum postings?

Regards,

Amy

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Fonts/colors: are they changed? Apr 25, 2003

I have IE set on Medium size, and I cannot notice any font or color difference from one layout to the other... Is it only me?

Luca

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 09:05
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Support and About Apr 25, 2003

Marcus and Natalie,

Every realm of the site now has its own \"About\" section, which can include basic info about the realm, FAQs, forums, the ProZ.com team members responsible for the realm, and a realm-specific support option. The support tab of the KudoZ realm is for submitting KudoZ-related support requests, just as the support tab in the Jobs realm is for job-related support requests.

Additionally, there is a top-level \"About\" realm, which contai
... See more
Marcus and Natalie,

Every realm of the site now has its own \"About\" section, which can include basic info about the realm, FAQs, forums, the ProZ.com team members responsible for the realm, and a realm-specific support option. The support tab of the KudoZ realm is for submitting KudoZ-related support requests, just as the support tab in the Jobs realm is for job-related support requests.

Additionally, there is a top-level \"About\" realm, which contains information about ProZ.com, as well as a generic support form for all kinds of support requests. This generic form is linked to from all the realm-specific support forms.

If all of this is not as intuitive as I had hoped it would be, I welcome your suggestions about how to make it clearer from within the relevant pages.

Regards,

jg

Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Fonts switched to Verdana Apr 25, 2003

I\'ve switched the default page fonts from Arial to Verdana--hopefully this will address the various font issues people have been having. Thank you all for your comments.

Regards,

jg

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Community>Forums link now points to forum list Apr 25, 2003

Amy,

I\'ve changed the Community and Forum menu links to lead to the forum list. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

jg

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
thanks, Jason Apr 25, 2003

Thank you for changing that, Jason. Much easier on the eyes now!

Best,

Amy

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:05
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Suggestion for menu bar Apr 25, 2003

It does look much neater!

One thing that annoys me though is having to move from the menu at the top to the submenu down the left side... It would be nice to have the list of contents/submenu items from the top menu bar too, as you go over each item (i.e., as you go over the Community item at the top, a list with Forums, Exchange, Powwows etc appears just below it so that you can go straight to the bit you\'re interested in).

Would that be feasible?

Roberta

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Re: Support and About Apr 26, 2003

Hi Jason,

Quote:

If all of this is not as intuitive as I had hoped it would be, I welcome your suggestions about how to make it clearer from within the relevant pages.

Just call it \'Help&Support\'.

In the forums, I have noted that URLs or hyperlinks embedded in a posting are shown in a bigger font - is that on purpose?

Also, I don\'t have anything against callin... See more
Hi Jason,

Quote:

In the forums, I have noted that URLs or hyperlinks embedded in a posting are shown in a bigger font - is that on purpose?

Also, I don\'t have anything against calling different sections of the site \"realms\" - but I guess for many users around the world \"section\" or \"area\" would be easier to understand.

Best regards, Ralf ▲ Collapse

JCEC
JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
Major improvement ! Apr 26, 2003

Hello Jason,

Congratulations on the new design !

It is cleaner, faster, and more logical once you get used to the fact that some items are in different menus.

The recent font change makes a tremendous difference with my screen definition and browser.

After using the new navigation for hours on end, there are only two minor things that still bug me :

• When switching to KudoZ, the defaul... See more
Hello Jason,

Congratulations on the new design !

It is cleaner, faster, and more logical once you get used to the fact that some items are in different menus.

The recent font change makes a tremendous difference with my screen definition and browser.

After using the new navigation for hours on end, there are only two minor things that still bug me :

• When switching to KudoZ, the default page is About whereas I believe Answer Questions is the most likely scenario for most users.

• When returning to Answer Questions after going to pages like the Forum Moderators page, the display automatically switches to Pro All Pairs instead of Pro Your Pairs.

Have a well-deserved weekend,

John

[ This Message was edited by: JCEC on 2003-04-26 16:27]
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Support and About Apr 28, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-26 06:53, Lemster wrote:

Great suggestion, Ralf. I\'ve renamed the About menu items to \"Help\". Does that seem clearer?

Thanks,

jg

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Still shows "About"...? Apr 28, 2003

Quote:

I\'ve renamed the About menu items to \"Help\". Does that seem clearer?

I suppose \"Help&Support\" is too long, right? Well, it still says \"About\" on my screen...

Ralf

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 16:05
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nice color Apr 29, 2003

I like the color, it is a peaceful one!

María Eugenia Wachtendorff
María Eugenia Wachtendorff  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nice and useful, thanks! Apr 29, 2003

Only one comment: I miss the \"Ask the Pros\" link on the KudoZ Search page...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

STAFF: New site design available

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »