Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Announcing ProZ.com invoicing tool for translators (alpha release)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:41
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
How to specify your own VAT %, added HRK Jan 26, 2009

Kristina Mijic wrote:
I just tried the new invoicing tool and it just looks great. However, I have a problem with VAT, since the applicable rate of VAT in Croatia is 22% and not 16%. Would it be possible to add an option to enter the applicable rate of VAT?

Hi Kristina,

You can set your VAT rate to whatever you choose. Have you already tried to do this from your invoice creation page? Where did you see that VAT was set to 16%? (By default there should be no taxes configured.)

To specify your VAT rate, edit your tax settings (either click settings->taxes, or on the invoice creation page click "Edit taxes" or select [Edit] from the list of taxes.

In the tax settings form, enter "Croatia VAT" (or whatever is appropriate) for your tax name, and enter "22" for the percent. Leave the "applies to" field set to "Item amount".

I will update the tax settings form in an attempt to clarify it.

Likewise, unless I am mistaken, the Croatian currency (HRK - Croatian kuna) is not listed in the currency drop-down menu. Would it be possible to add it to the list?

HRK has been added to the currency list.

Thanks,

Jason

Rocio Barrientos
Rocio Barrientos  Identity Verified
Bolivia
English to Spanish
+ ...
I agree! Jan 27, 2009

Mónica Algazi wrote:

I think this on-line invoicing tool is great.
Thanks, Jason!

Ilona Hessner
Ilona Hessner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:41
English to German
+ ...
Interesting - but I rely on the printed version Jan 27, 2009

Meanwhile I have created my own invoicing forms in German, English and French. And for larger projects it often is necessary to adapt the invoice form to the PO. So I prefer my Excel form which I can adapt and embed in my invoice. Belonging to the generation 50 plus I will not entrust such intrinsic dates to another computer than mine.

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:41
Swedish to English
+ ...
Purchase Orders Jan 29, 2009

I notice there is a field for my Invoice #, but I could not see any field for the Purchase Order reference. Several of my customers issue Purchase Orders to me, and I have to quote the reference number in my invoice. Standard commercial practice.

Hander Heim
Hander Heim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:41
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other formats Jan 29, 2009

Looks nice, but perhaps they should provide the invoice in other formats other than HTML, say PDF, Word Doc, for instance. Sometimes clients need the file to send to other departments.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
You can include PO# in item description Jan 29, 2009

Peter Linton wrote:
I notice there is a field for my Invoice #, but I could not see any field for the Purchase Order reference. Several of my customers issue Purchase Orders to me, and I have to quote the reference number in my invoice. Standard commercial practice.

Hi Peter,

You can include the PO# and any other detail you need in the description field for each item, or in the invoice notes field. (The reason there is no single PO# field is that some translators need to send a single invoice for multiple POs.)

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Updates released: PDF, email attachments, translatable templates, etc. Jan 29, 2009

Several updates have been released, based in part on feedback received in this thread. New features include support for PDF format, sending invoices as email attachments, translatable invoice templates, and a lot more.

Click here to see the full release announcement.

Please post any further discussion in that new thread.

Thank you all for the helpful feedback! I look forward to hearing yo
... See more
Several updates have been released, based in part on feedback received in this thread. New features include support for PDF format, sending invoices as email attachments, translatable invoice templates, and a lot more.

Click here to see the full release announcement.

Please post any further discussion in that new thread.

Thank you all for the helpful feedback! I look forward to hearing your thoughts about these new features.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing ProZ.com invoicing tool for translators (alpha release)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »