Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Invoicing updates: localized invoices, usability (non-members welcome)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Tiến Anh Lê
Tiến Anh Lê  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 00:36
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Payment update Mar 3, 2009

Thanks for your efforts.
Could you please do smt so that when we update payment for an invoice using this tool then the payment of the project linking to that invoice will also be updated accordingly.

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:06
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Invoice subject line/ word count Mar 3, 2009

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for your efforts..

1. Yes, now the subject line topic is clear in my mind. I am feeling silly.
2. I realize that the uploading part would be dicey.

Thanks again Jason !

Regards,
Umang

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 19:36
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I am dreaming... Mar 4, 2009

Dear Jason,
I would be so-o-o-o happy to use this invoice! But the strict rules of our Financial and Tax Control Administration forced me to buy a special invoicing programme which has to be updated for a special fee each year ;-((( but this is a great feature!!! I think, as I have a lot of ProZians-translators, let them know, if you billing to me, please, do not forget to put both of tax numbers on the invoice, yours and mine.

Have a nice day, Liza Czopyk

Janis Abens
Janis Abens  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:36
Swedish to English
+ ...
Can't find things sometimes.... Mar 5, 2009

I have usually gone via the BlueBoard search to find a client and then press "invoice...." to get to my invoices....
Cant find the "My invoices" menu item.... and wish for a freetext site search for i.e. clients etc. from any page....
tx,
/j

Janis Abens
Latvia
Swedish to English
+ ...
Disagree -other features more important Mar 5, 2009

I think the word count is superfluous in this tool, it will just cause new issues as various WC systems give various results.... It should stay in the WP or CAT tool and be entered manually just as the project name...
just my 2 cents....

Janis Abens
Latvia
Swedish to English
+ ...
Bug tracker? Mar 5, 2009

just deleted an invoice and it was not removed until manual refresh.. but should this forum be used for bug reports?

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 13:36
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Will update project history when invoice is paid Mar 5, 2009

smiles wrote:
Could you please do smt so that when we update payment for an invoice using this tool then the payment of the project linking to that invoice will also be updated accordingly.

Hi smiles,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add this to the developer task list.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Do Hungary tax authorities require use of a specific invoicing tool? Mar 5, 2009

Erzsébet Czopyk wrote:
I would be so-o-o-o happy to use this invoice! But the strict rules of our Financial and Tax Control Administration forced me to buy a special invoicing programme which has to be updated for a special fee each year ;-((( but this is a great feature!!! I think, as I have a lot of ProZians-translators, let them know, if you billing to me, please, do not forget to put both of tax numbers on the invoice, yours and mine.

Have a nice day, Liza Czopyk

Hi Liza,

Thanks for the kind words. Did I understand correctly--are you saying that tax authorities in Hungary require you to use their specific invoicing tool and no other?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Janis. Updated menus. Mar 5, 2009

Janis Abens wrote:
I have usually gone via the BlueBoard search to find a client and then press "invoice...." to get to my invoices....
Cant find the "My invoices" menu item.... and wish for a freetext site search for i.e. clients etc. from any page....

Hi Janis,

Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't realize the invoicing tool wasn't appearing in the main menu for those using the old site design. It's there now, look under "My ProZ.com", "Tools", or "Jobs".

FYI, the current site design has a free text site search option in the upper right of each page. (You can switch to the new design by clicking "Switch design" at the top of the page.)

just deleted an invoice and it was not removed until manual refresh.. but should this forum be used for bug reports?

Yes, please! Staff can convert forum posts into trouble tickets if needed. I'll get this delete invoice glitch fixed shortly.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Dates now shown in same language as invoice template Mar 5, 2009

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:
There is a nice German template, and then, where the due date goes, it says "Zahlungstermin". However, it is not possible to edit this date, which is written out in the long form, to write the month in German. If the rest of the invoice is in German, then I need to be able to write the full date in German too. It cannot appear in English.

Hi Astrid,

Thanks again for pointing this out. Dates should now be shown in the same language as the invoice template. Please let me know if there's any issue with the date translations.

Thanks,

Jason

Jesús Marín Mateos
Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
That is the problem.... Mar 7, 2009

Hi Jason,
That is my problem. In the invoice setting page I have put my bank account etc and the term as 30 days..... well it stays there for 1 day and next day it dissapears....not sure what to do....Thanks.

Jason Grimes wrote:

Jesús Marín Mateos wrote:
I have been using the tool for a week now and find that from time to time some info dissapears, is this possible? I add to my invoice template in the terms my bank account etc and it stays there for a day and then dissapears and I have to go back and put it there again... maybe I am not understanding something.....

Hi Jesús,

I'm not sure I understand you clearly. Are you seeing data actually removed from an existing invoice, or does this problem occur when creating a new invoice? When you save terms and conditions for one invoice, those terms aren't automatically used for new invoices you create in the future. To save the terms once, and have them automatically appear in new invoices, you can specify your default terms and conditions in your invoice settings page. If I misunderstood the issue, please reply with a specific example of the problem to help me reproduce it.

Also... is there a chance that invoices are actually not sent to customers.... when you send an invoice to a customer if you want to double check you go to your sent items in outlook or wherever but with the tool we have to trust it does?????

The "comments and history" box at the bottom of each invoice records when an invoice was sent. When sending an invoice, you can also select the option "Also send a copy to me", to help you verify the message was sent.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Strange, I'll look into it further Mar 9, 2009

Jesús Marín Mateos wrote:

Hi Jason,
That is my problem. In the invoice setting page I have put my bank account etc and the term as 30 days..... well it stays there for 1 day and next day it dissapears....not sure what to do....Thanks.

Hi Jesús,

That is strange. I'll look deeper into this. I may contact you directly if I need more help reproducing the problem. Thanks for reporting this issue.

Best regards,

Jason

Khaled Al-Shehari
Khaled Al-Shehari  Identity Verified
Qatar
English to Arabic
+ ...
reminder of payment Mar 9, 2009

Hi,
I wonder if a reminder can also be added to the invoice page, so that a translator can send a reminder if the invoice gets pastdue?
Regards,
Khaled

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:36
French to English
+ ...
1 buggy Mar 9, 2009

Hi Jason,
I'm fiddling around with the invoices and noticed a tiny bug. Let me know if this is not the right forum for this.

I created a 'Days' unit in my French invoice, and when I saved the draft the volume number and volume label switched places, i.e. instead of reading "20 jours" it reads "jours 20".

Thanks!
Natalia

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Payment reminders on list of future improvements Mar 9, 2009

Khaled Al-Shehari wrote:
I wonder if a reminder can also be added to the invoice page, so that a translator can send a reminder if the invoice gets pastdue?
Regards,
Khaled

Hi Khaled,

Thanks for the suggestion. Payment reminders are on a list of future improvements to consider, and I've noted your request there.

Thanks,

Jason

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoicing updates: localized invoices, usability (non-members welcome)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »