Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Suggestions and volunteers being sought for collaboration on a translation industry journal
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:08
SITE STAFF
May 31, 2011

Dear members,

A periodic journal on issues for translators and on the translation industry is being considered, to be hosted on ProZ.com. The concept has been proposed by member Maneerat Sawasdiwat Na Ayutthaya, member of the Royal Institute of Thailand.

Article topics for the journal may cover, but are not restricted to, translator/interpreter experiences and anecdotes, translation practice, theory, discov
... See more
Dear members,

A periodic journal on issues for translators and on the translation industry is being considered, to be hosted on ProZ.com. The concept has been proposed by member Maneerat Sawasdiwat Na Ayutthaya, member of the Royal Institute of Thailand.

Article topics for the journal may cover, but are not restricted to, translator/interpreter experiences and anecdotes, translation practice, theory, discovery, steps for formation as a successful translator, how to improve your career/business, translation needs and tools-- the sky is the
limit.

Volunteers to contribute to the proposed journal are being sought. If you are interested in sharing your experience and knowledge in a particular area of translation or interpretation, please contact Maneerat or me. Suggestions are also welcome. Thanks!

Regards,

Jared
Collapse

Maneeratana Sawasdiwat Na Ayutthaya
Maneeratana Sawasdiwat Na Ayutthaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:08
English to Thai
Translation Journal Industry Jun 2, 2011

Hi,

There are many issues we can share. In Thailand we are preparing for ASEAN community where English is the official language. Imagine how much we have to translate doc. from our member countires languages into English. Quality is another important issue if we have to compete for a successful job. I'm going to send a small article about this. If you have some experience to share to the world,
please ...... This is a stage we can all play together!

Mane
... See more
Hi,

There are many issues we can share. In Thailand we are preparing for ASEAN community where English is the official language. Imagine how much we have to translate doc. from our member countires languages into English. Quality is another important issue if we have to compete for a successful job. I'm going to send a small article about this. If you have some experience to share to the world,
please ...... This is a stage we can all play together!

Maneerat from Thailand
Collapse

Armand Goutondji (X)
Armand Goutondji (X)
Local time: 16:08
English to French
+ ...
Translation Journal Industry Jun 2, 2011

Hi!
I think that's a great initiative. I've been trying to get in the realm of publishing for a while now so this could be a good start and a good way to share ideas and experiences in a more formal way. One question: I would be really interested in taking part but is it only restricted to the ASEAN region or is it open to the whole world? Reason is I'm based in South Africa.

Supavit
Supavit
Great translation Jun 3, 2011

Hi
This is a great idea. I'll write something

Maneeratana Sawasdiwat Na Ayutthaya
Maneeratana Sawasdiwat Na Ayutthaya  Identity Verified
English to Thai
Ppen for all Jun 3, 2011

Hi Armand,

The journal is open to all parts of the world. It's great to know you.
Welcome aboard! PLease share more.

pongpak
pongpak
reply to Armand Goutondji Jun 3, 2011

Hi Armand

I think ASEAN also want to learn from SA, a country of vast minority where many languages from Western Europe are still spoken. You may tell us on how to come across this language barrier in SA.

Rence Honkiss
Rence Honkiss
I'm in Ajarn... Jun 3, 2011

Hi Dr. Ajan Maneerat,

Rence here. Thanks for inviting me to join this forum. Yeah I truly agree that this will be a spring board of greater things because most great learning happens in group… and collaboration is the stuff of all growth-we are on the way. I will send some of my articles in the soonest possible time.

Best,

Rence from Thailand

Translation Journal Industry Jun 7, 2011

I think : it's good idea to share the experience of translation with others and we will learn new techniques of translation from another translator.

It's great forasmuch if I can read a lot of translations of other translators shared in this board or I have a chance to share my translation. I think I can improve my translations and my translation will be more effective because there are lots of experts who can review the translation here. It's a good way to share the experiences of translators all over the world.

Thank you,
... See more
It's great forasmuch if I can read a lot of translations of other translators shared in this board or I have a chance to share my translation. I think I can improve my translations and my translation will be more effective because there are lots of experts who can review the translation here. It's a good way to share the experiences of translators all over the world.

Thank you,

New

[Edited at 2011-06-08 00:35 GMT]
Collapse

Kanta
Kanta

Nowadays, I think translation is important for everyone and you can take some technique to improve your skill.

Thank you

Burlesque
Burlesque

Of course yes, It's an important thing to everyone to learn how to translation because in this day people are contacting each other all around the world, and the thing to help people understanding each other is translation because we all came from another country and using different languages so I think we should at lease know the common of translation to get in touch with other people and keep practicing a new technique to improve our skill and sharing personal technique and helping each other ... See more
Of course yes, It's an important thing to everyone to learn how to translation because in this day people are contacting each other all around the world, and the thing to help people understanding each other is translation because we all came from another country and using different languages so I think we should at lease know the common of translation to get in touch with other people and keep practicing a new technique to improve our skill and sharing personal technique and helping each other to translate to get a new experiences.

Maddie, From Thailand
Collapse

This is a great translation issue . Everyone who wants to improve their translation skill (like me) can learn some tricks from the journal and they will improve their skill faster. I think learning from someone's real experience is one of the good ways to improve the skill. Because the writers can write thier own suggestions and opinions on the journal , so we can learn. I'm looking forward to read the journal shared by the experts.

Thank you,
Sunisa

Noppawan
Noppawan
Translation Journal Industry Jun 8, 2011

It's good ideas. Translation it's important to learn and improve your skill. Today people are contact all around the world , this is the reason why the translation important to learn English.

Thank you,
Noppawan

Sirin_pt
Sirin_pt
Translation Journal Industry Jun 9, 2011

I think this is a good idea and translations are important and useful for learners. The exchange of skills or experiences may help their skills to be improved.

Thank you,

Sirin

SIRADA
SIRADA
Translation Journal Industry Jun 9, 2011

This is a good article. Nowadays, I think translation is very important because the international communication is more popular. So, you can learn some technique from this article to improve your skill.

Thank you,
Sirada

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions and volunteers being sought for collaboration on a translation industry journal

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »