Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 20:03
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Renewal May 30, 2012

Dear Jared,

I have about 6400 brownies. How I can use them for a reduction for my membership renewal?Is it possible to pay my membership in Euro?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

[Modifié le 2012-05-30 16:07 GMT]

[Modifié le 2012-05-30 16:10 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 16:03
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Sandrine May 30, 2012

Hello Sandrine,

You can see the full list of membership options at http://www.proz.com/membership/?sp_submode=all_options . There you will see the browniz point discount option as well.

Only ProZ.com members in EU member states that have adopted the Euro (the Euro Zone) are charged in Euros.

Jared

Sandrine Zérouali
Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 20:03
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Done Jun 4, 2012

Dear Jared,

Thank you for your advise. I did it and renew my membership.

Sandrine

Maria Zhang
Maria Zhang
China
Local time: 03:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
Renewal before July 1st Jun 7, 2012

I decide to renew my membership before July 1st. Thank you for your information.

Pieter Beens
Pieter Beens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
OK, nobody likes price increases - but how affordable is your membership? Jun 7, 2012

Mine is..
Since I registrated last year I was involved in very nice jobs with loads of new, nice clients.
As said, nobody likes price increases but would it really affect your decission to renew your membership?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for renewing Jun 7, 2012

Hello Sandrine and Maria,

Thanks for renewing!

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks writeit Jun 7, 2012

writeit wrote:

Since I registrated last year I was involved in very nice jobs with loads of new, nice clients.
As said, nobody likes price increases but would it really affect your decission to renew your membership?

Hi writeit,

It's nice to hear you are seeing good returns on your membership investment. The ProZ.com site team has results like this as a number-one priority, and we look forward to continuing to serve you!

Jared

Fatima Argun
Fatima Argun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:03
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
on WHAT exactly IS the increase based, then...? Specifics, please... Jun 10, 2012

Jared wrote:

Ligia Dias Costa wrote:

12% increase in prices??!!

Wow, with a 2.3% inflation rate in the US, you really are increasing prices!

Lígia

Hello Lígia,

The pricing adjustments are not based on the inflation rate of any of the countries where ProZ.com has an office. If that were the case I imagine the prices for membership would be much less stable over time.

Jared

If it isn't based on the inflation rate, then on what IS it based? A 12%increase is rather large, and I would think would require a more detailed explanation. Frankly I'm a bit disappointed that there was so much vagueness about this in the beginning, and there wasn't more forthrightness about it. Maybe I missed it, but should have been spelled out in much more detail than it was.

Giuseppe C.
Giuseppe C.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:03
English to Italian
I do agree Jun 10, 2012

A 12% increase is not a "slighthy " increase.
Is here any language professional who is planning a 12% rate increase during year 2012 or 2013, after considering current world economic business conditions?

I wonder what special investmentments on this site may justify such an increase.
I mean: is this just a bank account increase for proz.com shareholders or will we be impressed by a number of new major be
... See more
A 12% increase is not a "slighthy " increase.
Is here any language professional who is planning a 12% rate increase during year 2012 or 2013, after considering current world economic business conditions?

I wonder what special investmentments on this site may justify such an increase.
I mean: is this just a bank account increase for proz.com shareholders or will we be impressed by a number of new major benefits for all proz.com paying members?

Moreover, European members have paid an extra amount of money in the past, when proz.com applied a 1:1 USD/EUR membership fee comparison.
Do you really think this is the right period for a 12% membership fee increase considering the economic scenario we are facing and will keep on facing for at least a couple of years?

Fatima Argun wrote:

Jared wrote:

Ligia Dias Costa wrote:

12% increase in prices??!!

Wow, with a 2.3% inflation rate in the US, you really are increasing prices!

Lígia

Hello Lígia,

The pricing adjustments are not based on the inflation rate of any of the countries where ProZ.com has an office. If that were the case I imagine the prices for membership would be much less stable over time.

Jared

If it isn't based on the inflation rate, then on what IS it based? A 12%increase is rather large, and I would think would require a more detailed explanation. Frankly I'm a bit disappointed that there was so much vagueness about this in the beginning, and there wasn't more forthrightness about it. Maybe I missed it, but should have been spelled out in much more detail than it was.

[Edited at 2012-06-10 17:21 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ.com membership fees vs. value and return on investment Jun 10, 2012

Fatima Argun wrote:

Hello Fatima and Giuseppe,

ProZ.com membership fees have remained steady for just over 10 years now (there was one adjustment in 2007, whereby, principally, the cost of membership for those in the Euro zone was decreased slightly and the cost of membership for those outside the Euro zone increased slightly).

In those ten years, the value of ProZ.com membership has increased steadily and significantly. For those who have not been on the site very long, an idea of some of the advancements and new services added to ProZ.com membership throughout those years can be gained from the archive of previous reports to ProZ.com members. Those who have made the most of their membership can attest, I believe, to the fact that the new pricing continues to be negligible in comparison to the benefits and returns received. There are services offered at ProZ.com free with your membership which, if purchased on a stand-alone basis elsewhere, for example, would cost as much (or more) per year as the membership fee.

Jared

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
As Proz has grown significantly in these years... Jun 10, 2012

... I hope this increase will enable it to afford the value-adding improvements that are growing mold on the piles of support tickets & ideas, because people there are busy putting down e-fires.

I also hope advertising fees are being adjusted proportionately to the larger audience now, so members won't carry that burden alone.

Great work! Keep it improving...

Tibor Vogelsang
Tibor Vogelsang  Identity Verified
Germany
German
+ ...
Why different membership fees in EUR and USD? Jun 12, 2012

Dear Jared,

Giuseppe C. wrote:

Moreover, European members have paid an extra amount of money in the past, when proz.com applied a 1:1 USD/EUR membership fee comparison.

I agree with Giuseppe's objection. A while ago when had I asked the support team why I am not allowed to pay the correct equivalent in euros the answer was great silence only ...

May I ask again for an explanation why members living in the European Union are not allowed to pay either in USD or in EUR according to the current exchange rate? At the moment, when you are offering a 1 year extension for 90 USD outside Europe, I believe, the equivalent offer of 104 EUR for Europeans is more than unfair (e.g., the exchange rate of today is 90 USD = 72 EUR).

I would appeciate to pay the same amount for the same service.

Thanks for your support.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Why multiple currencies Jun 12, 2012

Hello Tibor,

The decision was made in 2003 to switch to multiple currencies. Prior to that point ProZ.com absorbed disparities between the currencies, as ProZ.com's euro-based expenses increased significantly.

It is true that EU members lost the benefit they had enjoyed until then as a result of the dollar/euro rate shift, but at the same time the risk of suffering shifts in the other direction were removed. So everyone is on more solid ground.

More about
... See more
Hello Tibor,

The decision was made in 2003 to switch to multiple currencies. Prior to that point ProZ.com absorbed disparities between the currencies, as ProZ.com's euro-based expenses increased significantly.

It is true that EU members lost the benefit they had enjoyed until then as a result of the dollar/euro rate shift, but at the same time the risk of suffering shifts in the other direction were removed. So everyone is on more solid ground.

More about how this works is detailed in this FAQ: http://www.proz.com/faq/4033#4033

Jared
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
The growth of the site and in membership has already led to an increase in membership value Jun 12, 2012

Hi José

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:
... I hope this increase will enable it to afford the value-adding improvements that are growing mold on the piles of support tickets & ideas, because people there are busy putting down e-fires.

There are so many improvements and new ideas to act on, coming in on a regular basis, that there may never be a moment when there is not a backlog, regardless of the rate at which they are implemented (that's not a bad thing, of course!). But yes, the intention is to continue to add more and more value to what you are able to get with your membership fee, and of course the more quickly that value can be added, the better.

Jared

dkfmmuc
dkfmmuc  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:03
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Thank you for accompanying your members on the Road to Recovery Jun 15, 2012

Some years ago there was a very impressive series of reports on an American TV station - called "Road to Recovery". Really great interviews and success stories of business people participating in online and offline business have been aired.

And so I just would like to take the indeed a bit surprising information of a slightly increase in price to personally thank proz.com for enabling and accompanying us translators on our own path to recovery.

With the disruptions of
... See more
Some years ago there was a very impressive series of reports on an American TV station - called "Road to Recovery". Really great interviews and success stories of business people participating in online and offline business have been aired.

And so I just would like to take the indeed a bit surprising information of a slightly increase in price to personally thank proz.com for enabling and accompanying us translators on our own path to recovery.

With the disruptions of the debt crisis in Europe and its consequences in mind I hope that proz.com will uphold the high qualtiy in support, services and the reliable and fast response times of the software behind.

I know that all of this is very cost-intensive and therefore IMHO the price increase is ok!

I hope that the owners of the site use the money well. For keeping up the revenue delivering function of the site, for sharing a fair percentage with the employees.

But let me add one point which will be crucial for the further site development in view of the recent threats on our business. As discussed privately with a support ticket I just would like to suggest one measure of improvement:

Select your advertising partners more carefully. I think it´s not ok if there is a translation w*rk**** advertised by a company quoted on the stock exchange which tries to lure business away from proz.com.
And which by the way charges its suppliers even for participating in the selection process for orders.

So my idea and wish for the furture would be: Spent part of the money for the owners/entrepreneurs, part of the new revenue for the staff and one part for selecting advertisement partners even more carefully.

Feedback would be appreciated and as you would say in German DRANBLEIBEN

Best regards

dkfmmuc

[Edited at 2012-06-15 08:19 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adjustments to be made to ProZ.com membership pricing, effective July 1st, 2012

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »