Larissa Boutrimova
Larissa Boutrimova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:25
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
I totally dislike the new profile format Jun 28, 2006

It's messy, bad on eye, poorly structured and inconvenient(sorry folks if I repeated somebody else's words, but most of us seem to be on the same tune here). Old format was way better, so why not keep it? Why shove the new one down our throats?

While it's generally great to have something new, changes for the sake of changes just don't make sense to me. I don't think the new profile was really called for. Were people not happy with the old one? How many complaints did the moderator
... See more
It's messy, bad on eye, poorly structured and inconvenient(sorry folks if I repeated somebody else's words, but most of us seem to be on the same tune here). Old format was way better, so why not keep it? Why shove the new one down our throats?

While it's generally great to have something new, changes for the sake of changes just don't make sense to me. I don't think the new profile was really called for. Were people not happy with the old one? How many complaints did the moderators have about it?

The poll that was run on the new profile included options to rate the new profile, but not to compare it with the old one. Yes, most people rated it as good or great (I guess they were just trying to be nice ), but was there a poll about the preference of one over another? I think it might be a good idea to have such a poll, find out what people really think and not play "mother knows best" scenario
Collapse

Frenchnative Japanese Translation
Frenchnative Japanese Translation  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:25
Japanese to French
+ ...
Old format is more elegant and clear Jun 28, 2006

María Eugenia Wachtendorff wrote:

The old format is elegant and clear, while the new one looks discouraging to the visitor.

mew

I agree 100% !
Corinne

Jura Gorohovsky
Jura Gorohovsky
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:25
English to Russian
Re: photos Jun 28, 2006

Rebecca Hendry wrote:

Perhaps we could modify our photo size to suit our own image?

Yeah, already done it yesterday so I hope no one will ever see that horror But either way, I only noticed that bug about a month after it was introduced. It's just one of multiple recently implemented questionable solutions which altogether leave many people dissatisfied.

Frenchnative Japanese Translation
Frenchnative Japanese Translation  Identity Verified
France
Japanese to French
+ ...
Add the new features to the "old" profile format Jun 28, 2006

Hi,

Could we just add the new features to the former profile format ?

And make this "old" format available by default to our visitors ?

For as confirmed by mainy in this forum, the new format is not "more attractive and better organized overall" at all !

Corinne

Zhuoqi Mills (X)
Zhuoqi Mills (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
Newer does not mean better Jun 28, 2006

Please give me back my old profile, it was clear, concise and just as I liked it. I do not just want to view it myself I want my clients and potential clients to see it. The new one is an unattractive mess! I know I am not alone in this feeling, surely ProZ cannot ignore the wishes of its members en masse?

Respectfully,

Zhuoqi Mills

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 11:25
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
issue with feedback feature Jun 29, 2006

Dear Henry,

It looks like the outsourcer is unable to provide feedback without prior registering with ProZ. Not every outsourcer will be willing to spend extra time registering only to give me their feedback.
it can even annoy some clients who might say, "oh, too much hassle with this guy... we paid him, now he wants us to register somewhere to praise his work.. it's too much".

Can we streamline the feedback process somehow (for instance: hook it to Project Histo
... See more
Dear Henry,

It looks like the outsourcer is unable to provide feedback without prior registering with ProZ. Not every outsourcer will be willing to spend extra time registering only to give me their feedback.
it can even annoy some clients who might say, "oh, too much hassle with this guy... we paid him, now he wants us to register somewhere to praise his work.. it's too much".

Can we streamline the feedback process somehow (for instance: hook it to Project History feedback).
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Agree Jun 29, 2006

Vladimir Dubisskiy wrote:

Dear Henry,

Can we streamline the feedback process somehow (for instance: hook it to Project History feedback).

Hi Vladimir,

I agree with that. I already suggested that and for the same reasons and Henry seemed to agree.

It hasn`t been implemented yet, though.

Paulo Celestino Guimaraes
Paulo Celestino Guimaraes  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I want my old profile for visitors Jun 29, 2006

I second María Eugenia Wachtendorff's opinion and please give me back (andl also to my visitors) my old profile.
Regards,
Paulo

Alejandra Villarroel
Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
I want my old profile for visitors! Jun 30, 2006

Paulo Celestino Guimaraes wrote:

I second María Eugenia Wachtendorff's opinion and please give me back (andl also to my visitors) my old profile.
Regards,
Paulo

I have been trying to get used to this new format for a week, and I can't stand it. It looks like a spreadsheet...

Please, I want my old profile back, not only for me, but for all possible visitors, links, etc.

As somebody mentioned above, newer isn't always better.

ALEJANDRA

Almudena Leal
Almudena Leal
Ireland
Local time: 17:25
French to Spanish
+ ...
I don't like the new profile neither Jun 30, 2006

I have been trying to get used to this new format for a week, and I can't stand it. It looks like a spreadsheet...

Me too, I've been trying to get used to it...but I still don't like it. I totally agree with what has been said about the new profile, so I don't want to repeat it. I want my old profile back!

Kathy Ramgahan
Kathy Ramgahan
English to Amharic
+ ...
100% agree Jul 11, 2006

María Eugenia Wachtendorff wrote:

The old format is elegant and clear, while the new one looks discouraging to the visitor.

This is not just my own opinion, but that of many other people I have had watch my profile on both modes.

All other site changes are great, and I have been using them all from the outset.

Profiles, however, are personal, individual... It would be soo nice if we could choose which one to use, Henry.

Thanks in advance for giving a thought to my request!

Best,

mew

I agree with you 100%. New profil format is disorienting. I can't figure out how to do things I did before in the old format(

Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)
Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Agree 100% Jul 11, 2006

cmatouba wrote:

"...as confirmed by mainy in this forum, the new format is not "more attractive and better organized overall" at all !

Corinne

I know I'm not a Platinum member, but want to express my opinio nonetheless. The old format is elegant and user friendly. Would appreciate very much having an option.
Thx.

Sonia Soros
Sonia Soros  Identity Verified

Hungarian to English
+ ...
Me too... Jul 12, 2006

I would be happy if I could just use the old one.
Thanks in advance.

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
Me too... Jul 13, 2006

I am wondering how I can let the visitors be able to see my old profile instead of the current one?

Sonia Geerlings
Sonia Geerlings  Identity Verified
Australia
French to English
+ ...
Me too... Jul 13, 2006

Simply, the old format looks 100 times better.

As many people have commented already, it would be nice, as paying customers, to be able to choose between which format visitors see.

thanks

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site links will start pointing to new profile format

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »