Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:11
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 6, 2008

Would it be possible to add a link to WWA when you add an entry for the client in the Blue Board? It would be logical to ask for endorsement after you have provided it...

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-02-07 10:45]

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:11
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Thanks for an excellent suggestion! Feb 6, 2008

Dear Jabberwock,

Thanks for an excellent suggestion. This will be part of the features included in the new page dedicated to WWA, announced at http://www.proz.com/topic/96295 and to be released during the current month.

Kind regards,
Enrique

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Tweaking Feb 6, 2008

Enrique wrote:

This will be part of the features included in the new page dedicated to WWA...

But please make it clear to freelancers that some outsourcers such as ourselves do not support either the BB or the WWA and will not be willing to reciprocate.

Ciao,
Cilian

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:11
Spanish to English
Ehem Feb 6, 2008

I doesn't seem right to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sound too much like a mutual admiration society, or " you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours".

I'd be interested to hear other opinions.

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Well... Feb 6, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sound too much like a mutual admiration society, or " you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours".

Oh, but it is! And it was always that way... That is why I have not used this feature before.

However, as now you can be left out of the searches when you do not have WWA (which might be seen as questionable, but is discussed somewhere else), I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon...

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:11
Spanish to English
You're right Jabberwock, of course Feb 7, 2008

My first response to your comments was "Cynic!" and laughter. Why do I expect anything better.

I myself have been "invited" to review an agency on blueboard to counteract a negative review it had received. And though I did not respond myself, the next day there were twenty reviews saying what a wonderful agency it is to work for, which was patently a lie.

Oh well, if you can't beat them, join them I suppose.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion that WWA links be included from the Blue Board

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »