Thread poster: vitaly Sergeevich
vitaly Sergeevich
vitaly Sergeevich
Indonesia
Local time: 21:19
Russian to Indonesian
+ ...
May 8, 2022

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2017 Professional, after I added translated documents to the translation memory and try to translate similar document using translation memory, in the term match it appears only when full segment matches. But I have many sentences which are similar, only some words are different in such sentences. Nothing appears in translation match. Please give suggestions how to make similar translation to be seen in big sentences?

Eric Azevedo
Eric Azevedo  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I usually handle this two ways - but I use Trados 2021 May 8, 2022

I'm not that sure if your Trados version will have the same path/shortcut as mine does, but what I would recommend is either:

- Selecting the sentence/structure you want to look up in the TM (within the same segment) from the source text's pane and then press F3 (concordance search); or

- Project settings (or overall options) > Language Pairs > All language pairs or chose your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Search, then fiddle a
... See more
I'm not that sure if your Trados version will have the same path/shortcut as mine does, but what I would recommend is either:

- Selecting the sentence/structure you want to look up in the TM (within the same segment) from the source text's pane and then press F3 (concordance search); or

- Project settings (or overall options) > Language Pairs > All language pairs or chose your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Search, then fiddle a bit with the numbers in Translation and in Concordance search (minimum match value).

You can look this up in the interwebs to learn more about how this TM > Search panel and its variables work for TMs in Trados.
Collapse

Elena Feriani
achisholm

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:19
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You can use "AutoSuggest Dictionaries" May 9, 2022

In your project settings, go to your language combination under "Language Pairs", then to "AutoSuggest Dictionaries" and click "Generate". Choose your TM and generate an AutoSuggest Dictionary. After you create it, you can add it.

HTH

Eric Azevedo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finding translation memory in big sentences

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »