SDL Trados - old translations overwrite new ones in updated document
Thread poster: MakedaSheba
MakedaSheba
MakedaSheba
Austria
Jan 9, 2023

Hei everybody,

I've been trying for some time now to find out how the suggested translations in Trados work. For some reason, segments that have been previously translated in multiple ways and have been re-uploaded for translation, are overwritten with older translations (although more recent ones are available). This doesn't seem to depend on how many times a certain translation has been used. Is there any possibility to filter the suggested translations/the matches based on the d
... See more
Hei everybody,

I've been trying for some time now to find out how the suggested translations in Trados work. For some reason, segments that have been previously translated in multiple ways and have been re-uploaded for translation, are overwritten with older translations (although more recent ones are available). This doesn't seem to depend on how many times a certain translation has been used. Is there any possibility to filter the suggested translations/the matches based on the date they were first used?

In my specific case, I am translating a file that was first translated a few years back. Since then, the source text has slightly changed and the same goes for my translation. However, since more people are working on the same project, it was necesary to first devide the file in 4 shorter Word documents. After we were done with the translation and our files were imported, we hoped it would be enough to just click the "Complete" button and select the first option untder "Next Step" in order to apply our recent translation to the bigger file. The result was that older translations were automatically applied instead of the new ones.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados - old translations overwrite new ones in updated document

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »