Where is CTRL comma function in Trados 2021?
Thread poster: A. Deb
A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 30, 2023

Hi

I have upgraded to Trados 2021 and struggling to find the old CTRL+comma function that would allow you to select a word and wrap tags around it. When I try and do that, the dropdown appears with the available tags but when I select one, the word I wish to wrap the tags around disappears! It seems you can only use the CTRL+comma function to insert one tag at a time rather than surround a word.

Please can you help. It's taking me forever inserting them one by one.
... See more
Hi

I have upgraded to Trados 2021 and struggling to find the old CTRL+comma function that would allow you to select a word and wrap tags around it. When I try and do that, the dropdown appears with the available tags but when I select one, the word I wish to wrap the tags around disappears! It seems you can only use the CTRL+comma function to insert one tag at a time rather than surround a word.

Please can you help. It's taking me forever inserting them one by one.

Thanks
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:17
English to Russian
Still there Jan 30, 2023

I can't reproduce that behavior. When I select a word, press Ctrl+comma and select a tag, the word gets wrapped in tags. Try posting your question here: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/p/addpost

expressisverbis

Hung Mai
Hung Mai
Vietnam
Local time: 00:17
English to Vietnamese
Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+right/left arrow... Feb 1, 2023

...to alternate between tag pairs in a segment. I'm using Studio 2017 and Ctrl+comma only shows a drop-down list too.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:17
English to Russian
By design Feb 1, 2023

Hung Mai wrote:

...to alternate between tag pairs in a segment. I'm using Studio 2017 and Ctrl+comma only shows a drop-down list too.
This is by design. You can select a pair of tags from the list. No need to alternate between them. When you select a tag from the drop-down list, both tags are inserted, not just one.

[Edited at 2023-02-02 14:31 GMT]

Jorge Payan

Hung Mai
Hung Mai
Vietnam
Local time: 00:17
English to Vietnamese
Sorry for the confusing comment Feb 3, 2023

...to alternate between tag pairs in a segment.

What I suggest is to press Ctrl+Alt+right/left arrow to select the tag or tag pairs (which will be highlighted) in the source, then release the keys, the selected tag (pair) will be inserted into the target. I don't know how to make a visual example like Stepan, so I can't show it to you (sorry).
I try the Ctrl+comma, it does work the way Stepan says in Studio 2017.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where is CTRL comma function in Trados 2021?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »