Anyone think about Multiterm database trading?
Tópico cartaz: Nils Vanbellingen
Nils Vanbellingen
Nils Vanbellingen  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:47
alemão para holandês
+ ...
Nov 7, 2001

Anyone ever thought about starting some kind of Multiterm database trade here, to expand his or her own Multiterm database(s)? Seems a nice idea to me...

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Holanda
holandês para inglês
+ ...
Excellent idea to exchange glossaries Nov 8, 2001

Although would be willing to exchange my Multiterm databases, I would not know what criteria to use for the exchange. For instance 100 words IT versus 100 words safety equipment in a certain format readyto import into Trados?? And what if you don\'t like what you got in exchange. Anyhow, feel free to approach me, Nils. Marijke Mayer

Nils Vanbellingen
Nils Vanbellingen  Identity Verified
alemão para holandês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Criteria Nov 19, 2001

I only just started working with Multiterm, so I don\'t really have extensive databases yet. So my suggestion was very general. But it just seemed such an obvious thing to me to exchange databases, because it\'s always a no-lose situation: you never lose any databases, you can only win some (no matter how small or extensive).

So I haven\'t really thought about real criteria (also because I\'m still a bit new to Multiterm, so I don\'t really know much about import formats etc.). But sin
... See more
I only just started working with Multiterm, so I don\'t really have extensive databases yet. So my suggestion was very general. But it just seemed such an obvious thing to me to exchange databases, because it\'s always a no-lose situation: you never lose any databases, you can only win some (no matter how small or extensive).

So I haven\'t really thought about real criteria (also because I\'m still a bit new to Multiterm, so I don\'t really know much about import formats etc.). But since you (probably) have been using MT much longer, you might now best which criteria should be used etc.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone think about Multiterm database trading?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »