Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?
თემის ავტორი: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
საიტის სამუშაო ჯგუფი
Sep 1

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
პორტუგალია
Local time: 00:45
წევრი (2007)
ინგლისური -> პორტუგალური
+ ...
N/A Sep 1

No need to educate my clients. I reckon they know what my stance would be if they asked me to lower my rates as they have been with me for a long time. That’s probably why it’s never happened. Of course, some have dropped me when I’ve occasionally raised my prices. Recently, two regular clients have started asking for PEMT rather than translation, and both pay by the hour.

Sabrina Ciserchia
Philip Lees
 
Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
საბერძნეთი
Local time: 02:45
ბერძნული -> ინგლისური
Never Sep 2

I have never encountered such demands. If I did, I would ignore them.

In fact, any client who "demands" anything is likely to become an ex-client. I do not consider demands to be a part of a professional business relationship.


Li-Hsiang Hsu
Maria Laura Curzi
Daryo
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

ამ ფორუმის მოდერატორ(ებ)ი
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?






LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »