ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:04
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 16, 2022

Hello,
I sometimes have the problem that the whole sentence is printed in bold in the source segment while only a part of it is bold in the original document. How can I change this formatting in the source segment so that the target segment is displayed correctly?
Thank you for your help and kind regards,
Irene

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Formatting tags Feb 16, 2022

I understand that you don't wish to apply the format in the target segment the same as the formatted (e.g in bold) source segment. In this case, you can adjust the formatting in the target segments via the tags if you join the two source segments together. Then just place the tags in the correct positions in the target segments.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 16, 2022

Many thanks for your prompt answer, Igor!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change format in source segment

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »