Thread poster: Tom in London
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:28
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Mar 14, 2022

I've just finished (or so I thought) translating a Word document. As usual, when I got to the last segment, I chose the option of exporting the translated document and opening it.

Imagine my surprise when on opening the translated document I found entire segments had not appeared in CafeTran and had not been translated.

I checked back in CafeTran and sure enough, those missing segments did not appear.

I then had to translate them "manually".

Is
... See more
I've just finished (or so I thought) translating a Word document. As usual, when I got to the last segment, I chose the option of exporting the translated document and opening it.

Imagine my surprise when on opening the translated document I found entire segments had not appeared in CafeTran and had not been translated.

I checked back in CafeTran and sure enough, those missing segments did not appear.

I then had to translate them "manually".

Is there an explanation for this ? Will it happen again?

[Edited at 2022-03-14 14:19 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Create a ticket Mar 15, 2022

Looks like CafeTran hasn’t imported some text from the Ms Word document.

You might want to create a support ticket at the Freshdesk: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Can you edit the untranslated text in Ms Word? It’s not part of a graphic or even an image of text?

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 07.58.37

[Edited at 2022-03-15 06:58 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
only Mar 15, 2022

German-Dutch Engineering Translation wrote:

Looks like CafeTran hasn’t imported some text from the Ms Word document.

You might want to create a support ticket at the Freshdesk: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Can you edit the untranslated text in Ms Word? It’s not part of a graphic or even an image of text?

I discovered it when I ran a spellcheck on the English translation and the spellchecker found some Italian words that hadn't been translated. So of course (as I said in my initial post) I translated them "by hand", i.e. directly in Word.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Location of the words? Mar 15, 2022

In English sentences or in isolated segments?

Screenshot?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not available Mar 15, 2022

In English sentences or in isolated segments?

Screenshot?

Screenshot not available because I have now corrected the file in Word, and of course I can't provide a screenshot of Cafetran showing the missing segments (because the segments don't appear).

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Complete segments Mar 15, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

I can't provide a screenshot of Cafetran showing the missing segments (because the segments don't appear).

Okay, so it were complete segments that CafeTran Espresso left out during the import.

The only way to solve this is via a ticket ...

Are you still entitled to free support?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Just asking Mar 15, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

I can't provide a screenshot of Cafetran showing the missing segments (because the segments don't appear).

Okay, so it were complete segments that CafeTran Espresso left out during the import.

The only way to solve this is via a ticket ...

Are you still entitled to free support?

I'm just asking here if anyone else has ever experienced this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cafetran misses segments of a document

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »