Using MemoQ for proofreading (when the translation had not been done in MemoQ)
Thread poster: Igor Panarin
Igor Panarin
Igor Panarin
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:56
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 24, 2021

Dear colleagues,

Is there any reasonable way to use MemoQ for proofreading when the translation had not been done in MemoQ?
I mean, a have a task: to proofread a batch of translations.
The translations and originals are in .doc. There is quite a lot of formatting (tables etc.).The files have a lot in common. That's why I'm thinking of proofreading them as a batch.
I tried to upload originals and translations as pairs into Livedocs, align them and next export to TM.
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Is there any reasonable way to use MemoQ for proofreading when the translation had not been done in MemoQ?
I mean, a have a task: to proofread a batch of translations.
The translations and originals are in .doc. There is quite a lot of formatting (tables etc.).The files have a lot in common. That's why I'm thinking of proofreading them as a batch.
I tried to upload originals and translations as pairs into Livedocs, align them and next export to TM. But this didn't work because the aligning gets very messy.

Are there any successful ways to perform such task in MemoQ? Your help is truly appreciated.
Collapse

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
alignment Jun 24, 2021

Maybe align the source and target documents as use the alignment in LiveDocs attached to your new project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using MemoQ for proofreading (when the translation had not been done in MemoQ)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »