Unable to delete comments from other users (mQ 9.14.6)
Thread poster: KatKoba
KatKoba
KatKoba
Sweden
Local time: 14:30
Swedish to English
Sep 13, 2023

A recent-ish problem we've noticed at my workplace is that one of our project managers (mQ 9.14.6) is occasionally unable to delete comments left by other users (us mere pro license peons in mQ 10.1). The best my searching has yielded is this mQ documentation with a one-off line about deleting comme... See more
A recent-ish problem we've noticed at my workplace is that one of our project managers (mQ 9.14.6) is occasionally unable to delete comments left by other users (us mere pro license peons in mQ 10.1). The best my searching has yielded is this mQ documentation with a one-off line about deleting comments "if you have permission to do so": https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/memoQWeb-help/mqw-edit-comment.html

Good to know, but I can't seem to find what setting that is to enable/disable. The problem is only intermittent -- we're still trying to nail down if it's specific to certain projects, or to certain users, or something else entirely. I'm not sure if the "clear comments" button works for him or not, but obviously it helps a lot to be able to delete comments on the fly as you address them.

Is there something obvious we're missing? Upgrading to 10.1 on his end isn't an option.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to delete comments from other users (mQ 9.14.6)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »