Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
BB & HTML code changed in forums? (Staff: Fixed)
Thread poster: Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 14, 2009

Hi,

I have been away on vacation and just checked the forums and noticed that something seems not to be working in the forums with some of the the BB/HTML code tags.

For example, photos/images that previously appeared in some forum threads are now shown with the internal BB/HMTL code and the blank image icon, instead of the images themselves. See, for example, the followi
... See more
Hi,

I have been away on vacation and just checked the forums and noticed that something seems not to be working in the forums with some of the the BB/HTML code tags.

For example, photos/images that previously appeared in some forum threads are now shown with the internal BB/HMTL code and the blank image icon, instead of the images themselves. See, for example, the following thread ( http://www.proz.com/post/1203887#1203887 ):

(Just noticed, while previewing this message, that my above image tag/link is not showing, either.)

Has this been reported/discussed already/recently?

I have not sent a support ticket yet, but I am commenting first on this forum in case other people noticed this, too, and may have already commented this to the technical staff.

Regards,

Ivette

P.S.: just editing to add that I noticed this in both my working PCs (one with Windows XP and the other with Windows Vista, both with IE 8.0).

[Edited at 2009-09-14 09:46 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-09-14 13:55 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-09-14 16:11 GMT]
Collapse

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:35
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Seems nothing wrong on my screen Sep 14, 2009

Hi ICL,

Everything seems to be fine on my screen, including the link you pasted as an example. I see everybody's photo, even yours, except the ones without any photos.

Ivette Camargo López
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Photos on forum threads Sep 14, 2009

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:

Hi ICL,

Everything seems to be fine on my screen, including the link you pasted as an example. I see everybody's photo, even yours, except the ones without any photos.

Hi Yasutomo,

I meant the images/photos on the forum threads, not on the profiles.

But if you see them, maybe it's a problem only with IE 8.0 (I know there is a previous version compatibility feature that may be the one causing the problem on my side... ).

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:35
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
You mean this on this forum threads and other ones too? Sep 14, 2009

If what I wrote in my title is correct, I can clearly see your photo sitting in front of a PC, smiling, if I'm not mistaken on this particular thread I'm posting. BTW, I still use IE 6.0 and don't have any similar problem as you are having right now.

Ivette Camargo López
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In forum threads Sep 14, 2009

Hi again, Yasutomo,

I mean the photos that are included within the contents of the text of a forum comment.

For example, right now this is how I see the photo I included in my first message of this thread:

I will try to check this with Firefox and other browsers, which I don't have installed on any of my PCs, to check if it's the
... See more
Hi again, Yasutomo,

I mean the photos that are included within the contents of the text of a forum comment.

For example, right now this is how I see the photo I included in my first message of this thread:

I will try to check this with Firefox and other browsers, which I don't have installed on any of my PCs, to check if it's the previous version compatibility feature I just mentioned.

Later,

Ivette
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:35
Italian to English
Profile photo only Sep 14, 2009

Hi ICL

I can see your profile photo but not the picture in the earlier post you refer to.

Ivette Camargo López
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Internet browser & its version Sep 14, 2009

Hi Russell,

Which Internet browser (and its version) are you using?

(Just so we know which browsers and versions may be the ones with forum image viewing problems.)

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:35
German to English
+ ...
Confirm problem Sep 14, 2009

URL BB links in my posts are not showing correctly. For example, the Anaphraseus link should just be showing Anaphraseus underlined acting as a live link in this post:

http://www.proz.com/post/1213643#1213643

It's the same in both Firefox and Opera on Linux.

[Edited at 2009-09-14 11:32 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks, will fix Sep 14, 2009

Hello all,

Thanks for bringing this into my attention and for providing details. Staff is looking into this
and it should be fixed shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:35
Spanish
+ ...
It happened a while ago Sep 14, 2009

I noticed a few months ago that the html image tags stopped working, the BB tags were the only way to display images. But right now, none of them are working in Firefox 3.5.

[Edited at 2009-09-14 13:48 GMT]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
hint: look at the site maintainance around 11th of sep Sep 14, 2009

I can bracket the change that caused it into the start of the last week - it worked one day and then it stopped next. See

http://www.proz.com/forum/lighter_side_of_trans_interp/145079-mind_hacks:_not_your_first_choice_of_painkiller.html#1213976

the Phineas Gage picture was OK sep 11th and
... See more
I can bracket the change that caused it into the start of the last week - it worked one day and then it stopped next. See

http://www.proz.com/forum/lighter_side_of_trans_interp/145079-mind_hacks:_not_your_first_choice_of_painkiller.html#1213976

the Phineas Gage picture was OK sep 11th and gone spoiled the next day.

regards

Vito
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks Claudia and Vito! Sep 14, 2009

This information certainly helps.

Regards,

Lucia

Ivette Camargo López
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Sep 14, 2009

Hola Lucía,

I confirm that I can now see all the forum thread images/photos in both my working PCs, so it seems that at least in IE 8.0 the bug has been fixed.

Thanks for your kind and prompt help,

Ivette

[Edited at 2009-09-14 15:39 GMT]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:35
Spanish
+ ...
Firefox Sep 14, 2009

Both tags work in Firefox 3.5 too. Thanks.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for confirming! Sep 14, 2009

As many of you already noticed, the issue with images in forum posts should be working properly now.

In case you find any image that is still not showing correctly, please let me know.

Regards,

Lucia

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BB & HTML code changed in forums? (Staff: Fixed)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »