Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
More small updates to availability calendar (working hours, etc.)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Roy Kamp
Roy Kamp
Germany
Local time: 15:39
Member (2009)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Alternative feature: instead of words/day => std pages/day Jul 20, 2009

Dear Jason,
thanks for your valuable work, improving the usability of these tools for our comfort.

I usually translate from EN or GER into PT/BRA, therefore, in my case, it would be easyer to think about standard pages/day instead of words/day, because EN and GER have different densities of words/page, but generally the output/day in terms of std. pages are very similar, but not in words/day. (Is this confusing? I'm sure you've been confronted with this subject before.)
... See more
Dear Jason,
thanks for your valuable work, improving the usability of these tools for our comfort.

I usually translate from EN or GER into PT/BRA, therefore, in my case, it would be easyer to think about standard pages/day instead of words/day, because EN and GER have different densities of words/page, but generally the output/day in terms of std. pages are very similar, but not in words/day. (Is this confusing? I'm sure you've been confronted with this subject before.)

Regards from Bavaria, Roy.

------------------------------------

Jason Grimes wrote:

Following other recent updates to the availability calendar, a few more small features have been added.

It is now possible to specify your standard working hours, which will be displayed at the top of your availability calendar along with information about differences between your time zone and the person viewing your calendar.

In addition, new options to "Consider me unavailable outside of working hours" and "Consider me unavailable on weekends" have been added to the calendar settings. If you are considered unavailable on weekends, all of the weekend days in your calendar will automatically be marked as unavailable, unless you specify otherwise. If you are considered unavailable outside of working hours, a new "Availability remaining in current work day" indicator will automatically calculate your remaining availability and capacity for the current day.

For example, if you specified that you are 100% available today, and that you have a capacity of 3000 WPD, when your work day is half over your "Availability remaining in current work day" will indicate "Partially available (1500 words)". This "adjusted" availability is shown above your availability calendar and in your profile page, *in addition to* the availability you have specified for that day. It is not currently reflected in other availability indicators or searches, though this functionality may be added in the future.

Click here to go to your availability calendar.

More information will be available in the availability FAQs shortly.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More small updates to availability calendar (working hours, etc.)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »