What are MUST software programs for translator ?
Thread poster: chance (X)
chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 31, 2003

I have noticed that Kevin mentioned in another topic (http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=9284&forum_id=34 )about the must software programs for translator as follows :

\"Talking about investment, I am afraid I over invested on some of the software programs, which get upgrade just about every year and not get used much. I feel like trapped in a
... See more
I have noticed that Kevin mentioned in another topic (http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=9284&forum_id=34 )about the must software programs for translator as follows :

\"Talking about investment, I am afraid I over invested on some of the software programs, which get upgrade just about every year and not get used much. I feel like trapped in a catch-22 game. However, I think Windows XP and MS Office XP are the “must have” things for every translator, because such new improve versions offer you the VERY stable and easy operating Chinese input system, and made Chinese translation very easy to manage.\"

I would like to know more about chinese input and CAT software programs as well.Could you give me more advice on that from your experience ?

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What are MUST software programs for translator ?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »