Increasing website ranking
Thread poster: NathalieVVT (X)
NathalieVVT (X)
NathalieVVT (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:39
French to English
+ ...
Jan 2, 2005

I have created my website and would like to meet other people who have their own website and who would be interested in using reciprocal links (as long of course as they are in different language pairs to mine).

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 04:39
English to Russian
This condition is a bit siëëy Jan 2, 2005

Nathalie Vu-Van-Toan wrote: (as long of course as they are in different language pairs to mine).

What is the point to exchange links with different language pairs? Go farther, swap links with entirely different professionals, say, vets or plumbers!
Speaking seriously, please, do not be afraid to help anyone, your jobs will not escape you, and first of all, exchange links with *your* pair pals!
Best of luck!
Alex:)

NathalieVVT (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Advice taken Jan 3, 2005

Hello Alex,

You may be kidding, but why not have reciprocal links with different professionals? You gave me an idea, may be not plumbers or vets (although...only joking), but why not French/France related professionals. As to translators in the same pair, why not? Wonder what other "same pair" translators think of this?

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Condition quite understandable in my view Jan 3, 2005

Well, I found out that putting in a link like that on my website would boost its ratings, so I think this is a good idea. And I quite understand about preferring not to put links to competitors on my website. Although I always refer customers to colleagues when I'm too busy or for subject matters I'm not familiar with I would hate for potential new customers attracted by my website to move on to others purely through the link on my website.

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
Something tells me I'm right Jan 4, 2005

Nathalie Vu-Van-Toan wrote: You may be kidding, but why not have reciprocal links with different professionals?

Because the traffic you will get will be useless: from other pairs. There is a concept of "traffic quality" which means that visitors must have what they expect at your page.
You gave me an idea, may be not plumbers or vets (although...only joking), but why not French/France related professionals.

I never tried it.
As to translators in the same pair, why not? Wonder what other "same pair" translators think of this?

This is reasonable.
Please, maintain your site and make it attractive in terms of your professional info and some helpful resources for pals.
Be patient, I have 3 web sites, the oldes one, dedicated to tourism is *always* on page 1 of Google very often No.1, simply because I never lie, I've been around for 3 years, I don't "search spam" and I always listen to what folks want to see on the site.
ETT!!!
(everything requires time)
Stay well
Alex
P.S. Sorry for late response

NathalieVVT (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You Jan 4, 2005

Thank you, Alex for all the good advice!

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
A more constructive piece of advice Jan 4, 2005

Please, visit http://www.selfpromotion.com
Do *not* engage in automated submissions first of all, *read and think* of what category your site falls into. And, again, don't be upset if you don't get immediate results, please!
Stay well
Alex

NathalieVVT (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You Alex! Jan 4, 2005

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been absorbed in the reading of the website you recommended. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I've already made some changes. This couldn't come at a better time! You're a star. If I could give you some KudoZ points, I would. Actually, can I?

XiaoRan
XiaoRan
Local time: 09:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
I'd like to exchange link with you Feb 6, 2005

I want to have my own website too. But mine is not finished. If you will, I'd like to exchange link with you.

NathalieVVT (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
NO PROBLEM - CHINESE IS VERY WELCOME Feb 6, 2005

Hello Xiao,

You are more than welcome. Chinese is a language that I would be very happy to add to my list of reciprocal link.

Let me know when your website is finished.

Kind Regards

Nathalie

XiaoRan
XiaoRan
Local time: 09:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Feb 8, 2005

Nathalie Vu-Van-Toan wrote:

Hello Xiao,

You are more than welcome. Chinese is a language that I would be very happy to add to my list of reciprocal link.

Let me know when your website is finished.

Kind Regards

Nathalie

Thank you! I'll email you if my website is ready.

(By the way, my name is XiaoRan, not Xiao. My surname is Wei which is not included in the username)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Increasing website ranking

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »