Iniziatore argomento: Patricia Torres
Patricia Torres
Patricia Torres  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 13:12
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hi,

I'm thinking on including my messenger ID (Yahoo and Hotmail) in my email signature, so anyone (particularly clients!) can send instant messages to me. I know that Skype is "in". However, I don't want voice conversations! I think they are more distracting. What do you think?

Patricia

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 13:12
Membro (2000)
Da Greco a Inglese
+ ...
Skype IM Nov 16, 2005

Patricia Torres wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking on including my messenger ID (Yahoo and Hotmail) in my email signature, so anyone (particularly clients!) can send instant messages to me. I know that Skype is "in". However, I don't want voice conversations! I think they are more distracting. What do you think?

Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Skype isn't just for voice conversations. You can send instant messages through Skype too. It's like any IM tool.
Maria

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Irlanda
Local time: 18:12
MSN Nov 24, 2005

You can have voice conversation on MSN too, but you would have to plug in a microphone to enable this feature.

However, I don't recommend that you make your MSN ID known for security reasons, but you can say sthg like "MSN ID available on request".

I assume you don't want any random person messaging you and being a pest...I'm only saying this as that's what happened to me and to another colleague, so now I only give my MSN to professional people who request it.
... See more
You can have voice conversation on MSN too, but you would have to plug in a microphone to enable this feature.

However, I don't recommend that you make your MSN ID known for security reasons, but you can say sthg like "MSN ID available on request".

I assume you don't want any random person messaging you and being a pest...I'm only saying this as that's what happened to me and to another colleague, so now I only give my MSN to professional people who request it.

However I think MSN is great for work, it saves me and my client hundreds of Euros per year in phone calls.

Orla
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Messenger ID in email signature

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »