Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
Powwow: Cordoba - Argentina

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Cordoba - Argentina".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Elinor Thomas
Elinor Thomas  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Y hablando del powwow Aug 1, 2005

¿Quién tiene la bandera de ProZ que estrenamos en Mendoza? El que la tenga que no se olvide de traerla.

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
La bandera está en ProZ.com Argentina :-) Aug 2, 2005

Hola:

La bandera la tuve yo hasta el sábado pasado, día en la que en 'ceremonia oficial' la entregué a Patrick Dotterer.

Thanks for the reminder.

JL

Candelaria Garcia del Pino
Candelaria Garcia del Pino  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
wine sounds great Aug 2, 2005

Me anoto para el vino, que comemos?

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Vino Aug 2, 2005

Que no nos falte el tintillo para brindar
Estoy dispuesta a compartirlo

Andrea

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Varios colores.. Aug 2, 2005

para todos los gustos, pero un blanco bien frío no debe faltar!!
H

Nancy Cepeda
Nancy Cepeda  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
tinto o/y blanco, no problem.... Aug 2, 2005

Me gusta el vino, me anoto...
Nan

Barbara Compañy
Barbara Compañy  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
De acuerdo con Haydée Aug 2, 2005

Me anoto para el blanco bien frío...
Anyway, a la hora de calcular cuánto comprar, tengamos en cuenta que no todos toman y que algunas traductoras abnegadas tenemos que trabajar al día siguiente

Maria Emilia Gonzalez Saua
Maria Emilia Gonzalez Saua
Argentina
English to Spanish
vinito Aug 2, 2005

yo me anoto para el tinto

Luciana Caballero
Luciana Caballero  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
un vino menos Aug 2, 2005

No tomo vino. Y no es porque sea una traductora tan abnegada como vos, Barby!

María Florencia Méndez
María Florencia Méndez  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yo no tomo vino :) Aug 2, 2005

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Otra abstemia Aug 2, 2005

Si le sirve al organizador pa' los cálculos.

au

Daniela Monti
Daniela Monti  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
en cuanto al vino.... Aug 2, 2005

una copita me tomaré, pero no mucho más. Nos vemos.

materol
materol
Argentina
German to Spanish
+ ...
Vino Aug 2, 2005

Yo sí tomo... prefiero el tinto.

Maria Boschero
Maria Boschero  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Otra abstemia Aug 2, 2005

)

Luciana Malano (X)
Luciana Malano (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
venue! Aug 2, 2005

www.sanhonorato.com.ar – finally a venue!

Originally the idea was to have the pow wow at my house, which is located at the edge of Cordoba city facing the sierras. That was the plan until numbers surpassed 40 people.

There are now 80 people on the list and we have had to think carefully of alternatives. Many options were discarded because they were not willing to open on a Su
... See more
www.sanhonorato.com.ar – finally a venue!

Originally the idea was to have the pow wow at my house, which is located at the edge of Cordoba city facing the sierras. That was the plan until numbers surpassed 40 people.

There are now 80 people on the list and we have had to think carefully of alternatives. Many options were discarded because they were not willing to open on a Sunday night in the middle of a long weekend, or because they did not have enough space for us.

We have come up with what I consider to be a fair price for an excellent venue.

San Honorato is certainly one of Cordoba's best restaurants and has a charming old fashioned atmosphere and award winning food. It was named as the best restaurant in Argentina by the Insituto Argentino de Gastronmía outside of Buenos Aires and Patagonia (see the YPF road map guide for details). It used to be an old bakery and was totally refurbished a couple of years ago and preserves a historic look that is very interesting - you can actually see the old bread ovens .

We have spoken to the owners and they are fully prepared to open on the Sunday night in question just for us and have prepared a special menu for $36, including everything except alcohol. I think this is the fairest option as many people wrote us and said they would be drinking water or Coke or a beer, while others stated they would be ordering a bottle of wine or two per person! This way you will be able to economize if you wish or get merry if that is your intention.

NOW, I know that price is a sensitive issue and I have deliberated about this for several days, dithering over whether it was too high or too low or whether some people might feel left out for money reasons. PLEASE contact me by e-mail at [email protected] if this price is not manageable for you.

The venue is centrally located in Barrio General Paz, which is a $3 peso taxi ride from downtown Cordoba, where most of you live or will be staying.

Here is the menu:
Recepción
• Variedad de pinchos y montados
Entrada
• Variedad de fiambres caseros (jamón crudo y cocido) y Queso de cabra con tomates secos
Plato Principal
PLEASE CONFIRM ONE OPTION:
1.Blanco de ave bañado con salsa de azafrán
Pechuga de pollo con salsa a base de vino blanco, azafrán y un toque de crema. Acompañado de papas doradas a la manteca de romero
OR
2.Chateaubriand de lomo envuelto en masa a la manteca, espinaca y queso, con salsa de hongos serranos y ratatouille de vegetales
Postre
• Helado Tradicional
• Torta marquise de chocolate blanco y almendras con salsa de zarzamora
Incluye las bebidas sin alcohol, té, café
VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE FOR VEGETARIANS – PLEASE ADVISE CHARLES

The address is Pringles Esq. 25 de Mayo, Barrio General Paz.
Payment (please do this shortly so we know exactly how many people are really coming)

1. If you are in Cordoba why don’t you either swing by our office at Rivadavia 85, Oficinas 204-5 and make the payment in person

OR

2. Deposit the $36 in this bank account: Banco de Galicia, caja de ahorros en pesos #489-70191169-7

And send us a scanned image of the deposit receipt by e-mail or at least confirm by e-mail afterwards and then bring the original.

If you know anyone else who would like to come tell them to register and contact us asap as we are near our limit!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Cordoba - Argentina

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »