Auteur du fil: Egija Zarina
Egija Zarina
Egija Zarina
Lettonie
letton/lette vers anglais
+ ...
Aug 12, 2015

Hi,

I have an issue regarding the need to count one language characters/words in a bilingual file. I would like to know how and whether it is possible to be done without making a seperate one language file as it takes too much time.

Perhaps you know some program that could do it (if not Trados) or you have some other suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Valerijs Svincovs
Valerijs Svincovs  Identity Verified
Lettonie
Local time: 05:52
anglais vers letton/lette
+ ...
More info? Aug 12, 2015

Hi,

Before discussing any possible solutions, are we talking about a bilingual Word file processed using Trados or a file containing text in multiple languages? If it's the former, do you want to count the source or the target words?

Also, are you sure this is posted under the correct category?

Best regards,
Valerijs

Egija Zarina
Egija Zarina
Lettonie
letton/lette vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
.doc file not processed by Trados Aug 12, 2015

It is word (.doc) file not processed by Trados. The file contains 2 languages and I want the count of characters, preferably, of one of these languages. There is no target file, it is just for counting the amount of text in one of languages.

Regarding the post category - I wasn't sure where to post this issue.

Aucun modérateur n'est spécifiquement affecté à ce forum
Pour rapporter des violations des règles du site ou pour obtenir de l'aide, veuillez contacter l'équipe du site »

Word/character count for bilingual word file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »