TO3000: Gutschrift/voucher
Thread poster: Britt Laux
Britt Laux
Britt Laux  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:41
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 1, 2016

A customer wants me to void an invoice an send them a "Gutschrift" of the invoice amount, because the internal invoicing policy has changed. But I only see the possibility "void". How can I create a voucher / credit note or whatever it is called?

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Version? Sep 1, 2016

B. D. Laux wrote:
A customer wants me to void an invoice an send them a "Gutschrift" of the invoice amount, because the internal invoicing policy has changed. But I only see the possibility "void". How can I create a voucher / credit note or whatever it is called?

I did it for the first time not long ago after a mistake I made about VAT.
You can generate a credit note in v11 in the Invoices tab of your customer (button). Not sure if v10 has this option.
It cost me a bit of work to find out how to proceed, and I don't exactly remember. Of course, I used the Help for this.
Void then make the credit note? or the other way around? Unlocking jobs in the invoice first? Anyway, I managed to end up with a satisfactory credit note and amended invoice, so it's doable.

Philippe

Britt Laux
Britt Laux  Identity Verified
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
9.0 Sep 1, 2016

Thank you for your comment. I still have 9.0. I tried the help function, but couldn't find anything.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000: Gutschrift/voucher

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »