Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 14:03
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 15, 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for a very basic visual planning tool for my translation projects. I like a visual representation of the deadlines in a sort of horizontal bar, similar to the Trados schedule in the projects view.

It doesn't need to be fancy as I am not a project manager who has to keep track of many external translators and external resources.

The Trados scheduler would be just fine, but I know for instance I will receive a file for review next week that
... See more
Hi,

I'm looking for a very basic visual planning tool for my translation projects. I like a visual representation of the deadlines in a sort of horizontal bar, similar to the Trados schedule in the projects view.

It doesn't need to be fancy as I am not a project manager who has to keep track of many external translators and external resources.

The Trados scheduler would be just fine, but I know for instance I will receive a file for review next week that needs to be delivered 2 days later. This cannot be planned in Trados I believe.

Most software I have found work like regular calendar apps giving you tasks to do each day. Whereas I want to enter a start date and deadline. I'm more interested in a group of horizontal progress bars.

I hope this is clear. Any suggestions?
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:03
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Google calendar? Sep 15, 2016

... or Translation office 3000! it is probably closer to your needs:

Schedules for clients and projects in TO3000, Version 11 can be used to obtain a visualized representation of work processes. Schedules provide a comprehensive view of project and job intensity at any given moment.

Two kinds of the Schedules are provided for each of the listed parts of TO3000, Version 11:

Clients
1. Schedule of projects (and corresponding client jo
... See more
... or Translation office 3000! it is probably closer to your needs:

Schedules for clients and projects in TO3000, Version 11 can be used to obtain a visualized representation of work processes. Schedules provide a comprehensive view of project and job intensity at any given moment.

Two kinds of the Schedules are provided for each of the listed parts of TO3000, Version 11:

Clients
1. Schedule of projects (and corresponding client jobs) for the selected client. — Schedule tab of Client window

2. For With Projects Mode: Schedule of all projects. — Schedule of Projects window

3. For Without Projects Mode: Schedule of all client jobs. — Schedule of Client Jobs window

Projects (With Projects Mode only)
1. Schedule of client jobs for the selected project. — Schedule tab of Project Window

2. Schedule of all projects and client jobs. — Schedule of Client Jobs window

...etc

I would look at TO 3000 seriously, for other reasons (job allocation, invoicing etc) as well
Regards

Vito
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basis visual planning tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »