Thread poster: neilmac
neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 00:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2023

My Dragon NS Home 15 has stopped working. It won't load my user profiles and I get popup messages saying "vocabulary doesn't exist" or words to that effect.
I tried to reinstall it but apparently it's been "discontinued". I only paid for it in 2019...
I used to have a higher version, but installed the Home version instead because I found it did enough for me without all the bells and whistles (i only use it for dictation, not online commands etc.).
Can anyone give me an idea of
... See more
My Dragon NS Home 15 has stopped working. It won't load my user profiles and I get popup messages saying "vocabulary doesn't exist" or words to that effect.
I tried to reinstall it but apparently it's been "discontinued". I only paid for it in 2019...
I used to have a higher version, but installed the Home version instead because I found it did enough for me without all the bells and whistles (i only use it for dictation, not online commands etc.).
Can anyone give me an idea of how to fix this problem?
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:58
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Seller? Sep 21, 2023

Sorry Neil, don't think I can help. Perhaps your vendor can assist? I bought mine from Knowbrainer, who seem to maintain downloads for their customers. If you have proof of valid license, even if you didn't buy from Knowbrainer, maybe they would let you download? Worth trying as a last resort.

Regards,
Dan

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No use Sep 21, 2023

Dan Lucas wrote:

Sorry Neil, don't think I can help. Perhaps your vendor can assist?

Regards,
Dan

I purchased it from Nuance/Dragon. However, their customer service appears to be limited to FAQs ... And I think the company may have been taken over by Microsoft, and in that case, "abandon hope all ye ..."

So, I'm going to have the computer it was installed on serviced and reinstall all my working software, and I hope that will sort things out.
I think I have the CD with the Premium version of Dragon NS on it somewhere, so in a worst-case scenario I could probably just reinstall that and see if it works. I'm using it right now on my backup computer and so far so good…

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted Sep 25, 2023

I formatted the PC and reinstalled my SW and everything seems to be working again...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DRAGON NS issues

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »