Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Чехия
Local time: 19:45
английский => чешский
+ ...
Unlimited is what I've been talking about Jul 24, 2012

Squires wrote:

@Stanislav Pokorny

I am sure no one charges the full price for the filter, when it only would work for three monthes. I hope Turian da Silva would tell us, if I am correct.

So, are you sure, or are you just guessing?

Let's ask Star about this then, but I suspect they won't be willing to provide any discount for the following reasons:
1. If you subscribe to Tran$it for three months, you can renew your subscription at any time, i.e. once activated, you would be able to use any optional filter again
2. Tran$it uses separate license activation codes for both the software and the optional file filters. This means, if you activate your license for an optional filter, it will remain active regardless of the license activation status of the main software.

But again, let's ask Star.

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Венгрия
Член ProZ.com c 2009
английский => венгерский
+ ...
Ask Star AG Jul 25, 2012

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

But again, let's ask Star.

Dear Stanislav,

This is quite a funny situation since according to the below thread (see entry No. 14) Squires is actually from Star AG.

http://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/217442-weak_points_of_transit_nxt.html

Regards,

Gyula

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
ask Jul 25, 2012

Yes, I am, but I am not linked with licenses. My position in forum is to give personal advice in technical questions conc. Transit problems. Everything above (like licenses, costs, updates, new features, why Star AG isn't answering, why NXT doesn't support this) is just not in my power, so I can guess and I can't answer that as a private person and user.

As I stated, I am helping non officially (and can't give any official info), voluntarily - only in basic technical questions, as a
... See more
Yes, I am, but I am not linked with licenses. My position in forum is to give personal advice in technical questions conc. Transit problems. Everything above (like licenses, costs, updates, new features, why Star AG isn't answering, why NXT doesn't support this) is just not in my power, so I can guess and I can't answer that as a private person and user.

As I stated, I am helping non officially (and can't give any official info), voluntarily - only in basic technical questions, as a user, like you. If it's ok for you. I just wan't to have a nice conversation and to help other users and not to be a target for all possible things.

[Edited at 2012-07-25 08:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-07-25 08:27 GMT]
Collapse

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Венгрия
Член ProZ.com c 2009
английский => венгерский
+ ...
No offence... Jul 25, 2012

Squires wrote:

As I stated, I am helping non officially (and can't give any official info), voluntarily - only in basic technical questions, as a user, like you. If it's ok for you. I just wan't to have a nice conversation and to help other users and not to be a target for all possible things.

[Edited at 2012-07-25 08:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-07-25 08:27 GMT]

Dear Squires,

Please do not misunderstand my words. I do appreciate your help and did not want to offend you in any way. I just wanted to clear things out regarding the price of the Framemaker filter.

Nevertheless, I must tell you that I find the approach of Star AG rather strange. Star is practically the only CAT-tool developer that has no official communication whatsoever (no newsbox on the website, no newsletters, no OFFICIAL presence in the forums, etc.).

In my opinion, Star AG digs its own grave with this attitude. Or does the company want to leave this market segment (i.e. the segment of freelance translation tools)?

I know, I know. Answering this question is way beyond your responsibility.

Regards,

Gyula

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

filter for framemaker (mif)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »