Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 18, 2003

Dear colleagues,

Can anyone give me an advice as for how I can use Japanese in Adobe InDesign?
If there are any fonts or software I need to install, please mention where I can
get them.

Thank you in advance,
Natalya

Kaori Myatt
Kaori Myatt  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:51
English to Japanese
+ ...
Photoshop Nov 18, 2003

I don't know about inDesign but for using Adobe Photoshop, if you set your regional setting and computer environment including IME right, you can type in Japanese although you have a limited number of fonts. People provide fonts for free but alternatively you can obtain Japanese fonts at Adobe sight.

For Quark express. I found that it is very difficult to use Japanese fonts in English environment. The best thing is to paste Japanese text on the file. If you share your Japane
... See more
I don't know about inDesign but for using Adobe Photoshop, if you set your regional setting and computer environment including IME right, you can type in Japanese although you have a limited number of fonts. People provide fonts for free but alternatively you can obtain Japanese fonts at Adobe sight.

For Quark express. I found that it is very difficult to use Japanese fonts in English environment. The best thing is to paste Japanese text on the file. If you share your Japanese file with someone else, you should make sure that the other person must have the same font. As long as you and other person use Windows, it should work.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe InDesign: using Japanese

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »